A THANK YOU TO MEMBERS

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
A Thank you to members.

Ken and I ( Cugila and Sugarless Sue) would just like to thank all members who, over the years have helped and supported both us and members on this Forum making it one of the most informative and supportive sites for ALL Diabetics on the web.

We hope that this Forum will continue to grow in strength and knowledge to help those new and confused to learn about all aspects of Diabetes. Helping them to self empower themselves to control their own Diabetes successfully and avoid complications.

Over the years it has been our privilege to watch new confused Diabetics come on the forum and begin to come to terms with this condition that we all share. After a while they have learnt enough to begin to advise and help other new diabetics , that is how this Forum works and evolves.

Knowledge really is the key to control.

Sue and Ken.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Hi Ken & Sue,

I think that this forum, it's owners and a lot of members owe you huge thank you for all the help and support you have given us. Personally I have learned a great deal from you both and would like to thank you both sincerely for the time you have taken to reply truthfully, honestly and without prejudice to the decision as to which direction/diet the members chose to take. This is what this forum is about and quite rightly should and must be about. It should not favor the one or the other, it should run as smoothly as you and Ken run it for the last couple of years.

To be frank, I have a feeling that this forum, after the recent events, is taking a turn in another direction which will see the return of trouble makers and turn into the war zone it was a while back. Back then I refused to join until the forum settled down and the trouble makers were banned, if that all starts again I will be one of the first to stop posting and ask Benedict to close my account. I will not tolerate or want to stay in a forum where I will be bullied, belittled, laughed at and and branded as mentally unstable just because I do not follow the WRONG advice what some seem to think without any consideration to my medical background is best for me.

Thank you again for everything, without you this forum will not have been the same.

ally5555

I can only agree - whilst I am not a diabetic I think they have both been helpful to everyone and I have told Benedict that I am upset about the way this has been handled.

The forum owes an awful lot to Ken and Sue.

There are some great people on here - so keep it a good place to post.

Allyx

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
a very big Thank you Ken and Sue ,

I miss your help and advice
Sue

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It goes without saying, the Diabetes Forum would be nowhere near the resource it is today if it wasn’t for the time and effort Ken and Sue have put in. I, along with the rest of the team here at Diabetes.co.uk genuinely appreciate what they have done. Further still, I have sent both Ken and Sue a personal message urging them to reconsider and stay here on the Diabetes Forum.

Our mission is simple - the primary aim of Diabetes.co.uk is to reduce the suffering of others without exploiting any individual being. We aim to improve the physical, psychological and mental health of our visitors. The Forum is a pivotal part of this mission and we would like Ken and Sue to be part of this.

In hindsight, removing Ken and Sue as moderators wasn’t the best course of action for us to take. For this, we apologise.

We intend to use this opportunity to bring in new moderators and have a fresh moderation team to help take the Forum forward. We would like both Ken and Sue to assist these moderators. With their experience, moderators will rapidly become skilled in the method of compassionate moderating.

Although I can’t quite express the appreciation everyone has for you both, I can express our sadness at your desire to leave. And on that note, I’d like both Ken and Sue to consider what I’ve written.

Dan and the team

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I have had enormous help from Sue and Ken....help that I will never forget and will always be appreciative of. They saw me through one of the toughest times of my life and I miss there knowledge and experience.
I have had nothing but help from here and met some very special friends here, although never having met anybody personally.
I hope that this will all be worked out.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sue/Ken,

It goes without saying that your contribution to this forum has been enormous and we cannot begin to thank you for your time, devotion and willingness to help those who are struggling with diabetes, do take a break but please come back soon and continue your good work! :)

Best wishes

Nigel

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
This forum is an invaluable resource offering diabetics much needed help and support when they need it most and the forum is where it is today due in no small part to the tireless work put in by Sue and Ken.

Sue and Ken, thank you both for your help and support guys, it was/is much appreciated
clap.gif

I am happy to support Sue and Ken even though they once banned me for 7 days shortly after joining the forum :cry: I was scared and confused and let my emotions get the better of me and stupidly got involved in some childish name calling. I am pleased to report that neither Sue or Ken seemed to treat me any differently after I resumed posting and in fact where there on more than one occasion to offer me help and support. Fair moderation as it should be IMHO

C

catherinecherub

Administrator said:
It goes without saying, the Diabetes Forum would be nowhere near the resource it is today if it wasn’t for the time and effort Ken and Sue have put in. I, along with the rest of the team here at Diabetes.co.uk genuinely appreciate what they have done. Further still, I have sent both Ken and Sue a personal message urging them to reconsider and stay here on the Diabetes Forum.

Our mission is simple - the primary aim of Diabetes.co.uk is to reduce the suffering of others without exploiting any individual being. We aim to improve the physical, psychological and mental health of our visitors. The Forum is a pivotal part of this mission and we would like Ken and Sue to be part of this.

In hindsight, removing Ken and Sue as moderators wasn’t the best course of action for us to take. For this, we apologise.

We intend to use this opportunity to bring in new moderators and have a fresh moderation team to help take the Forum forward. We would like both Ken and Sue to assist these moderators. With their experience, moderators will rapidly become skilled in the method of compassionate moderating.

Although I can’t quite express the appreciation everyone has for you both, I can express our sadness at your desire to leave. And on that note, I’d like both Ken and Sue to consider what I’ve written.

Dan and the team

I think if this had been posted earlier then things would not have got to this state and although I appreciate your post I feel that Ken and Sue must be reeling from the abuse and criticism they have had to endure during the last few weeks.

I too hope that they will reconsider their position when they are ready as they have put a lot of work into helping many members regardless of how long they have been diabetic. My family suffered a very personal tragedy in November, I lost of a baby granddaughter. She was a twin and their p.m.'s to me helped me through a very difficult time. Some people know that I am a widow, having lost my husband at a young age due to the negligence and bad driving of a lorry driver. As anyone knows who has lost somebody close, there are times when you get really down. I only had to p.m. Sue or Ken and they were there offering support. I thank you both from the bottom of my heart. :D

I think the forum has got bogged down with dietary advice, some good and some debatable. Surely we are all diabetics and that is why we are here. There is more to life than what to eat tomorrow or even the next day. Newbies do need diet advice, of course they do but that should be given it an impartial way as opposed to a dictatorial fashion. That is something that Ken and Sue put together in their "Advice for Newbies", a very comprehensive starter pack. Some people even see fit to moan about that. The forum rules cover everything necessary for a smooth running forum.
IMHO Ken and Sue were out on a limb and fair game for the moaners and groaners. It must have taken it's toll and I am sure the stress got to them, they are human beings with feeling like the rest of us. I was named and criticised recently and it does affect you but not in the way that they had to endure, theirs was relentless from here and elsewhere for over two years.. They must be very strong characters.

Sue and Ken, if you are reading this, please reconsider and come back, the forum needs people like you.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, dan n team, please could an introduction page of the new moderation team that has been arranged? be posted to introduce who IS who ? for us newbies. If you see what I mean? Anna.x :)

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What a sad situation. It's obvious that mistakes have been made. Now apologies have been made too. People make mistakes - we argue and goad and rise to provocation, we get cross , take things personally and we over-react - that's life! But we also have the capacity to rise above it, to agree to disagree, to forgive and forget, learn lessons and move on - and eventually look back and laugh at ourselves. I hope all those directly involved find a way to forgive and forget and move on within the forum.

Smidge

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
Didn't see the post saying you where both leaving so if you are that's unfortunate and a loss for us all. Will you be helping others elsewhere or just giving up. :(

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
smidge said:
What a sad situation. It's obvious that mistakes have been made. Now apologies have been made too. People make mistakes - we argue and goad and rise to provocation, we get cross , take things personally and we over-react - that's life! But we also have the capacity to rise above it, to agree to disagree, to forgive and forget, learn lessons and move on - and eventually look back and laugh at ourselves. I hope all those directly involved find a way to forgive and forget and move on within the forum.

Smidge

Wish it was as simple as that but it isn't I'm afraid, it's all a grudge against some of the members of this forum and Sue and Ken was targeted specifically because of what happened in the past. The people who are the main culprits for the recent arguments do not forgive and forget, it is not in their nature. They keep coming back for the sole purpose to cause more chaos and get those members banned whom they have a grudge against. Ken and Sue are at the moment the main targets and if they do manage to get them banned they will not stop there simply because there are others here who are in their line of fire.

You are either with them or against them, anyone who does not do as say then they will be a target and a menace that must be got rid of so that they can control this forum and run it as they wish. They tried it before, they are trying it now and will try again.

Ken and Sue managed to keep them at bay till now but now that they are not a part of the Mod team they, the trouble makers, will try any and every trick in the book to get back in and take control. Mark my words, the incidents of the last couple of weeks is nothing compared to what will happen if they do manage to re-register and start posting articles like "low fat diets make you mentally more unstable".

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Ken and Sue
Thank you so much for always being there for me. You have helped me more than I would ever have expected. I shall miss you. Please come back when you feel you can.
Au revoir :)

swift

I think this forum is a good place to be and for me it's a great source for information and personal it gives me a sense of security and somewhere I can come if in doubt.

It sounds like Ken and Sue have done a lot of work on here and I hope they will reconsider, us diabetics need people like them with the experience and obvious dedication they have had for the forum. I see Admin has made a public apology and that is not easy to do, we all do/say things in the heat of the moment which on reflection we regret and are sorry for, but that is life and all of us are only human and we will make mistakes from time to time an apology goes along way...

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
There's no denying - Ken and Sue have helped A LOT of newbies around here. For that they should be commended. But noobs don't throw awkward questions, or question what they're being told. :wink:

Mod edit: Sorry, a bit too personal here Patch.

Here's to a new way of doing things around here.

sugar2

Ken and Sue, Hope you stay around long enough to read all the thank you posts on this thread. You will be missed.

Thank you for all the time, care and help you have given so many.

I disagree with you Patch. I too, am not surprised that Ken and Sue are taking a break ( i hope they come back) but not because of any hard feeling about the lack of moderator power...but possibly for their own sanity, and maybe even the good of the forum if their presence causes trouble.

I suspect that we may need to agree to disagree on this one though.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Mod edit: personal comments about other members

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Come on Patch. you said it once, no need to repeat....not really...again it's just individual opinions once said, they don't need to be shouted.....

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just clarifying my original post.

Consider my wrists slapped. :oops: