A wee walk

Mileana

Hi,

Going for a bit of a walk tomorrow to celebrate the fact that it's now a year ago I could walk again - will try for 18 miles.

Should land me properly in all sorts of lows, have reduced my insulin today and will tomorrow too, see if I can avoid hypos.

Any other advice from anyone - apart from I have an emergency supply of raisins, glucotabs and stuff of course. There's being daft, and then there's being stupid....

Not walked this far before, I think so far it's been 11 miles at the most.

-M

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Mileana
I walk, but have never gone further than 6 miles. I admire you for this Long walk. I'm T2 low carb and minimum metformin. I find I don't need any extra carb for my usual 4 miles or so, but i do carry water and glucotabs. I don't use the tabs, because i don't need them.i do have a breakfast of something like scrambled eggs or cheese on Burgen toast.
I also make sure my boots and socks are in perffect conditionand never walk cross country alone.
I don't suppose this helps much, but on low carb, I don't get hypos
Hana

Mileana

Okay, walk done - had to call it after 14 miles as my feet were getting too many blisters - forest road kept putting sharp stones in my shoes. Decided to be sensible as it then also started raining and a thunderstorm was coming up.

14 will do nicely, though.

No trouble with the blood sugar, luckily.

-M

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
14 miles is very impressive! Well done :thumbup:

Mileana

Aye, there's nothing like a good walk - did we mention it also gives you an excuse to wind down, stabilises your mood, encourages self-care, is managable for (almost) everyone and has effects on your blood glucose even hours later?

:D

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
I love to walk every day. It is my favourite form of exercise. When the weather is bad, as it is continually here at the moment I walk indoors and use Leslie Sansone dvd's as pacemakers to keep the speed up. I've walked 3 miles this morning indoors.