A Welcome place for newly diagnosed

benedict

Administrator
The newly diagnosed is here for people who are- yes, you guessed it -newly diagnosed.

Members who have been here some time are posting very helpful information but a couple of threads recently have lead to arguments.

This forum isn't the place for heated discussions.

If arguments develop, the posts will be removed.

If someone posts something you don't agree with, please report it rather than turning somebody's thread into an argument.

Let's keep things welcoming as, aside from a couple of recent cases, the Newly Diagnosed forum is a good place to be.

Bonsaibabe

Sorry to start with a problem, but I'm not great on the computor & I can't work out how to post, help please! I'd like to say Thanks to whoever started this site-I was diagnosed with Diabetes a few days ago & its good to know you are here! I have been told by my doc. to try a diet of 1000 cal a day for 10 days then have blood tested again. I am feeling a bit lost as he gave no advise other than that. My blood was 14.8 (fasting test) is that high, have I type 1/type 2? What should I be eating? So many questions but my overwhelming feeling is bordering on panic most of the time-so once again, I'm glad you are here!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Well, you have managed to post as I am able to read this! Some members will hopefully know about low calorie foods and will give you some suggestions as to what you can eat. It is only your doctor who can tell you if you are type 1 or 2 so you must ask him when you go back to him.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
benedict said:
If someone posts something you don't agree with, please report it rather than turning somebody's thread into an argument.

So if I see someone posting incorrect information or their own pet theory posted as fact which often happens here I am not allowed to challenge that information
headbang.gif

Glad I am not newly diagnosed now, the whole point of a peer forum is that information can be questioned, thats how ideas grow and develop.

benedict

Administrator
Sid, when this post was put up, it made more sense.

It was meant as a response to a particular period in time whereby too many people were chiming in without thinking.

Therefore, if I did go slightly over the top in the post, it was for good reason and I think it was appropriate at the time.

Benedict