GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
aaaaaaah chooooooooooooooooooo!

I just thought I'd be really antisocial and share my cold with everyone. :D

I've sneezed violently ALL DAY LONG and I've had enough!

Just had to share that with you.

:wink:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
mo1905 said:
Bless you !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Awwww thanks Mo! This cold has gone round our office for the past two weeks and one by one, we've all gone down with it.

It's not the blocked up stuffy nose type, it's the sore throat for four days followed by violent sneezing and nose dripping like a tap for a week type. I hate colds but it's the type of cold which I'd choose if I had to choose between the two.

But yesterday I really was exhausted with the sneezing. At one point I thought my head was going to roll off, and the sneezing was so violent I was making my throat sore again! Felt like someone had sprayed pepper up my nose!

But had a good night's sleep thankfully.

Thanks for the blessing :D

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
drunkenmonkey said:
Keep it to yourself! I've already had it about 3 times :'(

Okaaaaaaaaaay ... I suppose you deserve a break. Know anyone else I can pass it on to? :shh:

Sharon68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't send it here, done the rounds at least twice and I don't want it again! :crazy: Hope you feeling better soon though :thumbup:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I feel a lot better now that the sneezing has stopped. I passed it on to the office manager. I think it should be compulsory to take 3 days off at the beginning of a cold when you're infectious. I'm sure if people did that there'd be less sick days clocked up altogether. What's 'just a cold' to one person, can end up as pneumonia to another. But hey ho! :roll:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Grace ...

Will blow you a kiss 'X' safer than a (((hug))) :p

Sorry to hear of you aaah tishooo's . . . .
Hope you are soon feeling much better .

Keep eye on your BG's and drink plenty of fluids .
No going out tonight and hugging pavements for you :eh:
Stay in the warmth and natter to us all here :thumbup:

Anna.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
twosweet said:
Dont want the cold, but popping in for the humour.

Got to love Grace, even when she's cold. :)

Awwww ... thanks twosweet ... I'm feeling a lot better today, head's clearing but just getting waves of chills then hots then chills then hots. Must admit I've been enjoying my early nights. Been in bed for 10 most nights, the Kindle's not even getting a look in.

Talking about humour ... that was one of the things I missed the most when I was really ill. My sense of humour completely deserted me and if anyone hasn't ever experienced that, it's a bit like losing a limb. It's a limb you don't know you have until you lose it. Amazing what benefits LCHF diet has! :lol:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
anna29 said:
Grace ...

Will blow you a kiss 'X' safer than a (((hug))) :p

Sorry to hear of you aaah tishooo's . . . .
Hope you are soon feeling much better .

Keep eye on your BG's and drink plenty of fluids .
No going out tonight and hugging pavements for you :eh:
Stay in the warmth and natter to us all here :thumbup:

Anna.

Thanks Anna ... I'm feeling loads better today, and definitely no pavement hugging for me. Nipped into Morrisons on the way home from work and brrrr it was chilly out there, I was glad to get home to my sofa, jim jams and blankee. Thank God for the internet! :D

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
drunkenmonkey said:
A hot curry helps me.

Yeeaaaahhh! :thumbup: I usually fancy curries and spices and things like Mulligatawny soup when I've got a cold.

For some reason I keep thinking about the lottery too. A cold would be much more tolerable if I was a millionaire. It's about time I won, I've been waiting for £8,000,000 to come up for quite some time now. Any ideas on how to win? :D

drunkenmonkey

GraceK said:
drunkenmonkey said:
A hot curry helps me.

Yeeaaaahhh! :thumbup: I usually fancy curries and spices and things like Mulligatawny soup when I've got a cold.

For some reason I keep thinking about the lottery too. A cold would be much more tolerable if I was a millionaire. It's about time I won, I've been waiting for £8,000,000 to come up for quite some time now. Any ideas on how to win? :D
You've got to be in it to win it!

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
drunkenmonkey said:
GraceK said:
drunkenmonkey said:
A hot curry helps me.

You've got to be in it to win it!

Oooooh I've been in it for years! I love the lottery. Never watch the programme on TV, cos it bores me, but I buy tickets every week cos it's my way of donating to good causes. I love parks and gardens and I love it when I see those signs up that say "This garden was planted with 25,000 trees thanks to the National Lottery!"

For years now I've had this 'thought' in my head that I'm going to win £8,000,000 one day. My friend thinks it's hilarious and asks me why £8,000,000 in particular, but I don't know, it's just a figure that popped into my head one day and it's still popping in. Ya never know do ya? :D

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Yeeeeaaaah! A lot better thanks. Found a nice bottle of Rose wine at Morrisons, had a glass with my dinner and have been out for the count on the sofa all night. I'm just sleeping my way through this cold and so far, it's been the best remedy!