Abbot Freestyle freedom light-error

martin2410

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I received my first monitor yesterday and did my first test. I put the strip in as directed but when I tried to apply my blood, I got an error 03 message. So I tried it again but needed to use a new strip. I got the same error code. I havent done any more tests as you dont get many strips with the monitor. My plan is to leave it until next tuesday when I see the DN and ask her to check it.....Unless anybody on here knows about this problem and can advise accordingly. My assumption is that I may not have applied enough blood.

One other issue is, I thought there may have been a diary with it to record the results. There isnt one so do I just download a record sheet from this site or anywhere else off the internet?

I read with interest in an email from this site, that it is not always possible to get the strips and lances on presciption. Surely it should be a requirement if you have to test your blood regularly. My mum gets her supplies on prescription without any problems (wigan,leigh and wrightington nhs trust), but it seems that not everybody does. It sounds like an expensive 'hobby' if we have to pay out for the supplies afterwards.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Read through the instruction book until you find out what Error 03 means, then you will kow what is wrong.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Here you are:-

Error 3
Possible Causes
Incorrect test procedure. For example, putting blood on the test strip before inserting the test strip into the meter or applying blood before the Blood Drop and Test Strip symbols display.
Problem with the FreeStyle Lite Blood Glucose Test Strip.
Problem with the meter.

What You Should Do
Be sure you see the Blood Drop and Test Strip symbols on the display screen before you apply blood or control solution.
Conduct a control solution test using a new FreeStyle Lite Blood Glucose Test Strip. If the results of the control solution test are within the range printed on the side of your test strip vial, retest using blood and a new FreeStyle Lite Blood Glucose Test Strip.
If the retest using control solution does not work or the error persists, call Customer Care

mickey121

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You can keep a record on the diabetes uk web site in lifestyle and make print offs to take to appointments and keep a log

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

martin2410

Type of diabetes
Type 2
mickey121 said:
You can keep a record on the diabetes uk web site in lifestyle and make print offs to take to appointments and keep a log

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thanks for that Mickey, thats the first time I have looked at that sectiona and I am pleasantly surprised at the information it can hold. Look forward to seeing some nice graphs plotted out.

Now all I have to remember is to check in to that site. :D