Abdominal pain for over 2 weeks - coeliac or food poisoning perhaps?

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone. Two weeks ago on Wednesday I developed quite a lot of discomfort, alobg with bloating, in my abdomen. I realised a few days later that I'd been eating pasta sauce in a jar that was two years!!!! past its sell by date. My gp thought i might have mild food poisoning because i wasn't vomitting or having diarrhea. I've also seen a few other doctors since and they've tended to say the same thing. It's now been over 2 weeks and I've spent most of that time in bed. I've had diarrhoea a few times and been sick in the last few days and I don't feel like I'm getting better. My pain is mainly around my stomach at the moment but its tended to move around daily. Any suggestions? Thank you

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hello Chrisopher.
I realy think you should go back to your Dr ,Its a long time to have pain.

Reactions: 4 people
C

catherinecherub

I would go back to your Doctor, ask him to test a stool sample and then food poisoning can be ruled out if the test is clear.
There has to be something wrong for the pain to persist and you having intermittent D@V. You will have to be more assertive and explain that you cannot carry on like this as your quality of life is affected.

Reactions: 4 people

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Patricia I last saw a doctor on Sunday at the hospital. I'm trying to get an appointment with my regular gp but that's difficult. I also have an appointment with my diabetes consultant on Tuesday.

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Catherine, are you saying they can test my stool for food poisoning? I usually am quite assertive but i lose some of that when I'm not feeling well :(

C

catherinecherub

Reactions: 2 people