Accepted for pump

lisacp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just got back from the hospital where I found out that I have been accepted for the pump.
I am getting the Accu-Check insight. Has anyone else use this pump? How have you found it? :)

Reactions: 8 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Excellent news :)

Sorry don't use the Insight pump but good luck.

Reactions: 2 people

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I did bolus, that's why I'm confused why do high. Gave 3 units & it did come down

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news. I don't use the insight either so can't give an opinion on that but I'm sure you will love being on an insulin pump.

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm using the Insight and find it ok. Not blown away by it - the handset is quite slow and cumbersome to use. Lots of button pushes. I was accustomed to a much simpler interface from my previous pump that was a lot quicker to get from bg reading to bolus. That said, if it's your first pump, you'll be so overcome by the benefits of pumping vs injecting you'll not worry about the odd wait for the handset now and again.

I was told to get the 40cm cannulas... don't! They're much too short. Go for 70cm. Make the most of the data recording and if you like reports and patterns you'll love the stuff you can do with the graphs on your pc.

Where are you based @lisacp?

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Thanks sledges, I am in Chelmsford Essex
Yeaah I'm in Essex as well THURROCK
Do you get good service from your GP and hospital for your diabetes, I'm type 1 :)

lisacp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning masonbason63, my hospital and doctor are fantastic. I am type 1 but have also recently been diagnosed with Addisons disease. My diabetes doctor spotted it really quickly which was good because it is very rare and potentially life threatening if left undiagnosed. I suffer with 4 auto immune conditions in total and the hospital have been great every time.

iHs

@CarbsRok

Lisacp pumps can be challenging at times so do make sure that youll have enough teststrips to do about 10 tests per day to get yr bearings with the technology and try to read Pumping Insulin by Walsh.

70cm tubes are ideal for most locations on the front of the body but if nserting a set at back of bum, then opt for 100cm so that youve got plenty of tube. The dsn and rep will sort you out though so dont worry.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Morning masonbason63, my hospital and doctor are fantastic. I am type 1 but have also recently been diagnosed with Addisons disease. My diabetes doctor spotted it really quickly which was good because it is very rare and potentially life threatening if left undiagnosed. I suffer with 4 auto immune conditions in total and the hospital have been great every time.
Hi lisacp, I'm another one with Addison's. As a rule it doesn't cause to much of a problem. I have the Vive pump as it has CGM compatibility.
Thanks @iHs for the heads up.