Accu Check Spirit

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
I'm getting the Accu Check Spirit pump, the new one with the remote control gizmo, has anyone else got it? Should be here within the month :D

Question - how did everyone find the fasting tests you had to do? I'm not good with fasting :?

DiabetesTom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahh the Accu-Chek Combo you shall be getting, pretty much same as the Spirit but with bluetooth and a software upgrade and a Linkable blood monitor. It's quite a nice pump saying that i've only used this pump vs the original spirit. The bolus calculator works briliantly and really simple to use. Fasting is hard but to be honest works out for the best in the end, try 6 hour sessions so 2 hours fasting and 6 hours testing, if you can do more the better. What i did was start at 0000hr(fasting from 2200) testing every hour till 0600(refer to the other thread on here about basal testing) which means next slot from 0600-1200 your already fasting and all you need to do is wake up and test for 6 hours. I did 1 hourly tests just to get it out the way and get it as tight as possible.
Hope you get on well with it.
Good luck.

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm also getting the accu chek combo should be connected to saline on 11th feb,and insulin on the 15th. Really looking forward to it in some ways but relly aprehensive in others. Are there any good books out there to read? What are peoples top tips and advice for the start? Good luck with your pump Debloubed would love to hear how you get on, like you the thought of fasting after years of having to eat seems a bit weird. Don't think i've fasted since before i was diagnosed.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good luck for the 11th and then (gulp!) the 15th Janrou!! I'll be right behind you :D

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are there any good books out there to read?
John Walsh 'Pumping Insulin'.. from the US, but the 'pumper's bible'
Good luck to both of you, there do seem to be far more people from the UK getting pumps recently!

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Debloubed said:
Good luck for the 11th and then (gulp!) the 15th Janrou!! I'll be right behind you :D
Thanks for the support, any idea when you'll get your pump? :)

Pheonix thanks for the book name have just ordered it on Amazon, think the UK has just woken up to pumping!!

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Mine has been ordered so I should have it within a week or so and be connected within the month :D