Accu check test strip e-bay

maddiemo

Hello.
I have just bought six boxes of accu check test strips on eBay for sixty pounds. Is that a good price do you think? Free postage.
None have been opened and all are dated 2014
Maddie

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yep, very good price.

Isnt it amazing that so many diabetics get so many blood strips and dont use them, they waste taxpayers money, and end up making money!!! Our society has along way to go for fairness ... Theres you having to spend your money.. Prob because you cant get supplies.. And down the line theres individuals profiteering!!

Rant over!!!

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got same one off ebay earlier this week, both expiry on box and cassette seal said November 2013 expiry, as did the ebay listing.
I inserted the cassette accu chek mobile and was alerted it expired in june 2013.:sad:
Its a good job i will use the 50 tests before then or I'm scuppered.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

brightstation

Hi MCMLXXIII, This is normal, these strips have two expiry dates, the one that is printed on the cassette and the other is 3 month after you open the cassette (June in this case).

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
brightstation said:
Hi MCMLXXIII, This is normal, these strips have two expiry dates, the one that is printed on the cassette and the other is 3 month after you open the cassette (June in this case).
Ah i get it now..thankyou.
Still by activating a 3 month expiry when you insert the cassette they (accuchek) guarantee at least 4 purchases a year.
I've always paid for mine and can't get any on prescription.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its a cassette that contains 50 tests to use with a meter such as accu chek mobile, it has a built in lancet device too , think of it as a cartridge based system, or a gun with bullets:lol:

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes Gary signed with gusto...
Signed with gusto:cool::cool:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
garythegob said:
Have you all signed my petition to try and get the government to change the policy of some doctors not prescribing test strips? IF NOT, WHY NOT,

Because its a total waste of time Gary, and I'm not being negative here as I have signed every other petition calling for test strips and they have all without exception failed miserably and when I actually looked into these epetitions and how useful they were and how many had actually been debated I was shocked.

BBC News said:
In its first year, a total of 36,000 petitions were submitted, attracting 6.4 million signatures.

If a petition secures more than 100,000 signatures it can be considered by MPs for a debate in Parliament.

One year on, and the site has been visited 17 million times, with an average of 46,500 visits a day.

A large number of petitions have been submitted, although nearly half - 47% - were rejected for failing to meet the government's criteria.

So far, 10 petitions have reached the 100,000 signature threshold and of those, eight have been debated in Parliament, with a further one scheduled for debate when MPs return from their summer break in September.

Of the 10 petitions to pass 100,000 signatures, six of these were in the site's first 100 days.
Source http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19266497

So 6.4 million people have signed an epitition and just 8 have actually been debated :thumbdown:

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Dont be too hard on people selling strips on ebay as some pct areas will only prescribe certain makes of strip and so it makes sense to sell ones not allowed and then buy the ones that you must now use :|

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
borderter said:
Dont be too hard on people selling strips on ebay as some pct areas will only prescribe certain makes of strip and so it makes sense to sell ones not allowed and then buy the ones that you must now use :|

I think its scandalous that someone is able to receive something they clearly dont want or apparently need on prescription and then sell it at a profit, that said on the times I have bought test strips off eBay to supplement those I have had on prescription I have been very grateful, but that doesn't change my view on the sellers though.

Hypocrite? Yes but when needs must I am able to bend my scruples somewhat, I'm diabetic not mad :D

@trevorfather its not always easy to change ones GP and even if you did theres no guarantee that a different one within the same area would have a different view on test strip prescription.

Whilst they are generally considered essential for T1's they are not always considered essential for T2's. Wrongly in my view but different trusts interpret the NICE recommendations in different ways and many feel that T2's have no use for test strips as they cant alter their medication as an insulin dependant diabetic can, what they fail to realise is that T2's can use test strips to adjust their diet to help to control their diabetes.

Its a moot point at the moment and one that wont be resolved any time soon due to the financial state of the NHS. Now if they got rid of 90% of the six figured salaried managers within the NHS then....but thats another argument as they say :D

A

Anonymous

I've found with the Accu-chek system, if you end up with out of date strips and get the error message, if you change the date on the meter to 'match' the strips the old strips will work. As long as they aren't years old they'll work. Not a scientist but if needs must and you can't get strips and this works. why not?? :wink:

Finzi

borderter said:

I sold some test strips a while ago because I had bought the wrong brand off eBay and they didn't fit my meter. Only charged £5 for the 50, though, because technically I'd opened the box to see if they were the right brand. So somebody got quite a good bargain, hopefully.

Type 2 on Metformin, diagnosed Jan 2013, ultra low carber, Hba1C at diagnosis 8% (64), average BS now between 5 and 6 mmol.