Accu Chek Combo...bluetooth failure

thedriver

I have had this pump since May 2009, and was one of the first to get this in the UK.

Over the last 2 weeks the blue tooth connection has been getting worse and worse, to the point now it dosnt work at all.

I have changed batteries in both devices, but not made any difference. I had a spare combo bloodtesting meter and thought I'd swap the meter, to this one thinking that it may be the meter at fault.

I went through the pairing option on the pump and you guessed it, it wouldnt pair.

Now have a pump which wont pair to any meter....just wondering if anyone else had any issues like this, or is it a case the pump has reached its end of life.

Any help or advise appreaciated.

iHs

thedriver said:
I have had this pump since May 2009, and was one of the first to get this in the UK.

Over the last 2 weeks the blue tooth connection has been getting worse and worse, to the point now it dosnt work at all.

I have changed batteries in both devices, but not made any difference. I had a spare combo bloodtesting meter and thought I'd swap the meter, to this one thinking that it may be the meter at fault.

I went through the pairing option on the pump and you guessed it, it wouldnt pair.

Now have a pump which wont pair to any meter....just wondering if anyone else had any issues like this, or is it a case the pump has reached its end of life.

Any help or advise appreaciated.

Hi

Accu chek recently sent me a brand new Combo remote as there was a battery fault on my old one. In order for the remote and the pump to pair you have to delete the old remote off the pump first. This is in the Bluetooth menu on the pump. Once that is done you can then go through the pairing menu as in the instruction book for the pump. Just make sure you take any skin or cover off the pump and turn both devices towards each other (infrared) and then hold down the backlight button and the on button on the remote and then turn pump on to the bluetooth menu and ask it to pair which it will do after about 20 or so seconds. You will then be prompted to enter a code on the remote which will complete the pairing process.

Meant to also say that you will need to take out the batteries from your old remote before you can pair the pump with the new one, otherwise the pump will not pair.

If you have done all the above, and still no joy, then phone Accu chek and get one of the pump team to talk you through the procedure.

thedriver

Thanks for the responses.

Finally managed to get it to pair back to the meter yesterday.

This morning had an electronic error when doing a cartridge change...never had one of those before.

Took 8 attempts of changing the battery and restarting to get the piston rod to return.

My confidence in the pump is getting less and less, will speak to my diabetic nurse on Monday, as never had issues like this and have been using this for 18 months now.

Also managed to get the pump to pair with the meter, by switching the light on, on the pump and on the meter whilst it was pairing, apparently this stops both devices from going to sleep.

thedriver

Old post but for me the problem got worse and worse.

I have had bluetooth issues since October, to the point this time bluetooth communication became non existant. My pump last communicated with the meter at the end of april, so in effect I had been self managing, like the old spirit pump.

In the end phoned roche again and got another replacement meter.....they delivered, but meter would not pair. Phoned them back up and they agreed that the bluetooth on the pump must have failed.

So my first pump lasted from May 2009 to June 2011 (but in reality was faulty from Oct 2010)

Glad to say new pump appears to have been supplied on a warranty basis, and is up and running and its great to get the bolus advice again!

Just wondering if anyone else has had such an issue.

Also please note that I got no warning messages on the pump, even thou they said if bluetooth fails u get a error message.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
So whilst you say there was no warning on the pump-did the bloothtooth signal stay signalling on the pump-that symbol that looks chinese sort of thing-but guess it is a standard bluetooth symbol? Or did that disappear? Be interesting so that if others get it, that we check the pump...

I too had black screen death back in october time I think, and got a new handset the next day from Roche. I have never found them problematic at replacing things as soon as they are informed of having problems. I am 'hot' at letting them know any problems with sets, handsets etc, because at the end of the day our PCT's are paying for our treatment and Roche should be made aware if faults happen--we may think of ourselves as individuals having problems...but there could well be more people-and genuine faults that they need to know of....

thedriver

The pump would not respond at all to the meter, communication failure everytime.

The bluetooth function was turned on but it would just not talk to the old meter and when I got a new meter it failed on the pairing.

The bluetooth symbol the (odd B shape) never showed on the pump, unless you got to the bluetooth menu when scrolling through the options.

The new one is working fantastic...no issues now.

I was discussing this with my wife earlier and feel that my control has probably been affected by the issue and with hindsight I should have pushed this harder earlier.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Roche/Accuchek with me have been very good at sending a replacement handset when mine wouldn't switch on, with 2 problems of sets. I have had replacements FOC the next day, and they have provided the packaging to send back samples for testing and have been very good. Their customer service to me has been excellent.

I hope that your problems with pump pairing is a one-off, but knowing of your experience is invauable...