Accu-chek combo pump

Sarahfergo

Has anyone received a letter from roshe? It says about not giving the right amount of insulin when giving a correction through the handset? What do you make of this and why have they asked us to sign something is this just cover their backs? I've had a lot of bother with my pump and have unexplained hypos even after corrections

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

warden01

It's actually a requirement when they find any fault with a medical device. It is partly to cover their backs but the main purpose is to make sure users are safe. As it's a relatively specific set of circumstances required to get the fault, they notify users; if it'd been more serious, they might have had to do more (like replace the device, pull the product off the market etc.)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
What does the information sayfrom Roche? I've had their pump over 3 years now and havent had any information from them regarding this?

I have actuslly recently had problems with yhe lueuer connection coming loose.. Never had this in all these years. During daytime I never noticed.. As the pump always faces directly downward. However at night because its less vertical unknown to me the last two lueurs were working loose and therefore at night and being less vertical it wasnt pumping the insulin properly.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My levels although 6.0 at bedtime were rising really badly by mornings. I thoughtit was me as I changed sets etc.. And never noticed the lueur and my day time levels with corection were good. The morning I finally realised that it had been 2 lueurs working loose my levels actually rose to 32 from 6.0 literally in 6 hours...

So just a warning to others with combo pumps... Always check the lueurs, I dont know whether this is hoing to be an ongoing issue with the lueurs I have or whether it was just me, but its unusual after 3 years yo have this problem.

iHs

I also received the same letter in the post yesterday. I think the problem might be the delay between the handset and the pump in pressing the buttons on the pump to deliver the insulin. Its easy to get carried away and forget to use the bolus button on the pump if like the batteries in the handset are going a bit flat and the only way to deliver the insulin is by using the pump itself and forgetting initially and then pressing the bolus button 15min later when it might be that bg levels have changed and because no bg test is done, the bolus might not be correct.

DD Sometimes the thread on the top of the black push on cartridge adaptor can get damaged over time and so the luer tube connection isn't able to screw in correctly. Also, going by other Accu chek set tubes, the Rapid D's appear to sit ' proud' and only just tighten up in the black adaptor because of the rubber wings.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Strange tho after 3 years.. And not doing anything different... The last lueur just totally worked its way loose.. Literally came off as I touched it... And this been so since new box with raised levels at night... So know it happened for both connectors from the new box. Changed everything tonight, so know the 3rd lueur from this new box is 100% correct.. Will check more often now-lol and definitely back. To normal now.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I don't understand what you're saying iHs..from Roches letter. Dont understand why some people got letter and me and another pump user havent..?

Sarahfergo

Iha you must of had a different letter to me because it mentions a ten minute delay, and when it's correcting you it's giving the wrong amount of insulin. Which why it makes sense to me why my bloods have been so messed up for no apparent reason! I've had nothing but trouble with this pump since I got combo, I've ended up dka loads with leakages always happening insulin also not going through and lots of occlusions. I'm getting the omnipod on Wednesday thank god because roshe are a load of rubbish! They are having a lot of issues so I've been made aware of

iHs

Ive got the same letter as everyone else. Not sure why some have received it and others havent. Might be area coverage or A-Z of surnames............. who knows :roll:

Its written in double dutch which is typical so I have not paid that much attention to it as its not very often that I use the pump itself to deliver insulin, I use the bg/handset most of the time except when the thing wont switch on

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Could it be certain serial number pumps that people have had letters with? Still havent hada letter!!

iHs

Have just found the letter.... it refers to Handsets with serial number 68110200001 and higher

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good.. My serial number is before that, although I have just emailed Roche..

SewK8

Hello
This really worries me as I am due to start on this pump on Thursday. Hopefully the clinics are aware of the problem and won't start anyone till the problem is sorted out. I didn't have a choice of pump so am worried I will be stuck with this and it's problems.
Kat

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Despite any probs... I still love my Roche combo pump and would not change it for any other one.. Like you .. i had no choice of pump.. But I love the handset and their customer service as far as I am concerned is 2nd to none...

iHs

Roche should be in the process of bringing out another pump next year.... ring up and ask them

Dougal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Donnellysdogs, just a thought - have you changed the black ring that the lueur screws into? If you order a service pack from Roche, they'll send you a replacement battery cover and the cover for the cartridge. That should sort the problem out. Apologies if you have already done this.

Sarahfergo

Kat you should as for the omnipod my diabetic nurse highly recommend this as roshe are having so many problems they are really tight with sending canualas tubes ect it hasn't always been like this but something is going wrong with them

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Change lueur cap, batteries and cover all on the 1st of each month as batteries dont give anough notice that they are dying....
Last one has held tight so I have no explanation for two lueurs working loose, new tube put onthis morning due to an occlusion when priming new rapid d set, so will see how this leuer pans out.