Accu-chek Combo Remote

iHs

Hi

I'm curious to know if any of you using the Combo pump have had problems with the handset not switching on and all you've got is the BSD (black screen of death) lol ?

I am now on handset no 2 (my first one had to replaced last year due to BSD) and the handset is playing up again. To make it switch on I have to take the batteries out and re insert them. It's not because the batteries are going flat as I get the low battery warning on the handset, it is I think, due to the batteries not making a good contact. It is really annoying when you try to do a test and nothing switches on.

I don't think I am the only one that gets this problem, there surely must be others that also experience it.

jopar

As yet I haven't had this problem but there again I've only got my handset in January when my spirit pump was upgraded to the Combo...

I know that last year there were a lot of grips with handsets going up, but in the last 6 months I've not heard many mention having any problems...

Saying about battery contacts does remind me of the Accu-chek nano meter that does have a design fault to it which means that you get battery contact problems, which you can't sort out yourself due to how they are positioned within the meter..

Perhaps give customer services a bell, they might have a solution to how you may be able to sort out the battery contacts..

Do you actually lose your data when this happens!

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

Ive never had BSD haha.

But a while ago every strip i tried my remote had the bad strip error. I changed everything i could think of that was a variable and went through a pot and a half in two days. Every now and then it would give me a reading though. I finally got new strips from the doc and it was fine.. Until yesterday and today and its started again. 7 strips at tea time before it gave me a reading. Ever had this happen? Its quite frustrating so i can imagine it not working at all is worse!

Were accu-chek happy to replace your remote or did it take alot of doing?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yep, I had BSD and had meter changed, and had it once only with the new meter. Only thing I get currently is that the down arrow key on the meter doesn't always make contact and change the settings without some perseverance. The up key never has any problems. I just think now, that if the down key does give up totally then I will still at least have the pump to be able to make changes if necessary whilst it was fixed...

No problems with strips, except that on an odd occasion when I have put blood on the stip too soon, it gives ma an od warning-something about taking out batteries....but so long ago, that I can't remember what the actual E number warning was that it gave.

Are you going to rign accuchek and ask about the current BSD?

josie38

Hi iHs,

Ive never had BSD with my remote but mine takes forever to connect to the pump. I have to use mine manually with the bolus advice given by the remote. :x :x :x

It can also take an age, when ive turned it on, to get to blood test screen. It drives me mad.

I think if mine was like yours it would be in bits on the floor!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jo

jopar

Josie

What's the distance between your pump and you remote!

As I know the blue tooth connection isn't only a different bandwidth to normal phone blue tooth it also as a much lower range to it..

I have found that when I'm using my meter if my pump is cliped to the back of my waistband then often I'll will get the failed to communitcate with the pump, so it's a case of canceling which takes you back to the 1st bolus screan reset the bolus you wanted press delivery again and put meter in ling with the pump and it picks it up..

Maybe this is your problem, something to do with distance from pump or the position of the pump on your body

hannah95

omg!! i was told it was a one off!! yes ive had this problem, gone through 3 monitors in a year had multiple electronic errors what i think it is is a design error with the battery holders cause everytime ive had this problem i take the batteries out and put them back in and it starts again

iHs

Personally, I think Accu Chek should do something to alter the way these meters are made. The Combo is exactly the same more or less as the Expert. Although taking the 2 outer batteries out and then re inserting them again usually sorts the problem out, it's not right that people need to do this is it?

Hazza

We haven't had a problem with the handset, apart from the lost connection thing but, almost every time we do a cartridge change and prime it the pump says there is a battery problem and to reinsert it. Even when we put a new battery in, we still quite often get the battery error. Maybe we are bashing it too hard to dislodge air bubbles but it didn't do this when we first got it.

Harry