Accu chek mobile problems

nicolan6534

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone experienced problems with the Accu-Chek Mobile metre? Cassettes keeping saying they are defected.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
What error code are you getting? (starts with an E)
Normally though, if you open the cassette door and reset the cassette and make sure door is firmly closed, it will cure the error.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

nicolan6534

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, it's E-1 and says 'cassette defective, insert new cassette' I've tried taking the cassette out & putting it back in but I still get the error message. Love the metre but am losing faith with it!

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had that the other day, I just opened the door, wiggled the cassette a bit, closed the door and it worked okay.
Hope they aren't going to do this on a regular basis.

Angie

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had the defective cassette error message a couple of times. Not sure why, I think it was too big a blood drop that worked its way around the edges and under the strip but it wound on, I tested again and it gave a believable reading.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
If it carries on, take it to the supplying chemist, as they have to supply usable goods.
If they refuse, just tell them you will take your prescription else where in future and if a chain write to HQ explaining why.
You can then contact Accu chek customer service.
Hope you get it sorted, as the mobile is a great meter.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The accu chek helpline are fantastic. They will take you through diagnostics, set you up with registration if you haven't already, then they replace without fuss ANY defective equipment via first class post.
Did I also mention the sexy French accent?:smile:

diabetesdan

Just phone up Accu chek, I had a problem with the fast click lancet gave them a ring at about 2 pm and a replacement arrived first thing the next morning!! Amazing service and worth the call for the sexy accent alone :)

gemma486

I like and hate mine at same time it's good being an all in one but what really annoys me is how many strips get wasted cause it says the amount of blood is to small or the battery's are drained when they are still full

Accu checks customer service is great though

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If the battery goes does that waste the rest of the cassette?
I hope not!

lindisfel

Expert
Hi,
I got fed up up of the blood droplet too small message, it came up 2:1 where a successful test was c.33% of the time.

Roche are excellent, I had calibration issues and I got the fluid the next day and the calibration was fine...mid range.
regards
Derek

garythegob

I have the Bayer next usb as my main unit at home, and the bayer next xt as my unit in the car, they are both fantastic machines, use the same strips, the same batteries, and the same calibration fluid, the USB I was given when I was admitted to hospital with heart attack beginning February, and the xt I got given to me free of charge from Bayer!

lenipenny

I get that error alot its only certain cassets that do it though i just open n shut the door and it works again i do waste alot of tests because of it i had an error because it was too bright the other day too wich is weird but deffinatly call accu check they were fantastic with me when i spoke to them about the funky readings i was getting

Trinity_32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish
I've had my accu-chek mobile about 2 months and have had no problems apart from the 'blood drop too small' message even when I have put loads on! Have wasted many tests due to this, am getting a bit fed up but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

DaveVader

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have also had the same issue with the cassettes. Tried about 5 different ones, no luck. I'm now using the new BG Star monitor but I find it fiddly and sometimes inaccurate. I have the bayer contour as well so on my next visit to my GP I'm going to change my prescription. I have emailed accu Chek about the cassette issues today to see if there is a fix, or I've heard they may send me a new meter. Here's hoping as its a great meter when it works.