ACCU -CHEK SPIRIT COMBO CHANGE CARTRIDGE MODE BY MISTAKE

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HI ALL HOPE ALL WELL
few weeks ago i went into change cartridge mode by mistake as it was still half full ...
had done this before then i realised it would start to rewind while still attached to my body via needle so this time i thought long and hard .
then i know i will take out battery this i did and it went back to normal PANIC OVER just a tip maybe somebody else has had this happen
any way keep on pumping and if you have a I PAD I HAVE A I PUMP ....ha ha ha

regards and thanks for reading vic

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HI ALL HOPE ALL WELL
few weeks ago i went into change cartridge mode by mistake as it was still half full ...
had done this before then i realised it would start to rewind while still attached to my body via needle so this time i thought long and hard .
then i know i will take out battery this i did and it went back to normal PANIC OVER just a tip maybe somebody else has had this happen
any way keep on pumping and if you have a I PAD I HAVE A I PUMP ....ha ha ha

regards and thanks for reading vic

From memory I recall this happening to me once or twice - annoying on the Combo.

The Insight allows you to cancel if you incorrectly ask for a cartridge change, from what I've done it only allows the cartridge change to start if you remove the cartridge pump cover. You cancel back to the main menu from the side buttons.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
From memory I recall this happening to me once or twice - annoying on the Combo.

The Insight allows you to cancel if you incorrectly ask for a cartridge change, from what I've done it only allows the cartridge change to start if you remove the cartridge pump cover. You cancel back to the main menu from the side buttons.
thanks CHAS C c
my insight is stored at a hospital untill the steel needles are reworked no time as yet and it would appear that a lot of other companies have the same problem like some of the points on insight are good and some not so good but thats only a personal facts well designed may be next it would also be an i phone as well you never no ?????

well done on self funding bet you were better control on its as well me i am lucky kidney transplant person and been on
insulin since 1957 take care thanks for input
vic

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
thanks CHAS C c
"my insight is stored at a hospital until the steel needles are reworked"
"been on insulin since 1957 take care thanks for input "
vic

I'm a flex (teflon) rather than steel cannula user, I find steel too uncomfortable when moving / exercising.

Wow since 1957 - thats about 13 yrs before me, that's some achievement. Those old days of sharpening steel needles, chemical kits for urine sugar tests, glass syringes kept in surgical spirit - we've come a along way since then.