Aches and pains

princesskyra

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else suffer from aches n pains in their lower legs and feet? I've had pains for four months now especially at night when I'm in bed my feet hurt my knees hurt and my calf's hurt too they just ache and are very sensitive pain killers don't ease the pain either :-(

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is the pain like when walking up a gentle slope?

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else suffer from aches n pains in their lower legs and feet? I've had pains for four months now especially at night when I'm in bed my feet hurt my knees hurt and my calf's hurt too they just ache and are very sensitive pain killers don't ease the pain either :-(

After I was diagnosed I had massive nerve pain in my feet, knees, shoulders, and just about anywhere with nerve endings, I literally could hardly walk at one point. I had to use opiate based pain killers to enable me to sleep, those were very dark days, and gladly behind me now.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are ur blood sugars high? Mine are currently high due to throat infection and my calves are killing me! I checked for ketones too and I have some.

Boldierob

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carnt think of anything to dislike lol
I find when my sugars are high that my legs hurt and odd times my hands but soon as sugars go down iam all good :)

Cuthy 2013

I've started drinking water before I go to bed , and during the night, I had aches in calfs and itchiness even though sugars were fine, both which have subsided , not sure if it's relevant but it's all I can think of that I changed ? Type 1

moz1

Are you on statins for cholesterol as one of their possible side effects is pain particularly in legs?