1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Aching Legs the morning after drinking Alcohol

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by toner29, Mar 13, 2015.

1. toner29

toner29 · Member

When I drink, the following day I really struggle with aching legs. I used to put this down to standing etc. when on a night out, however last night I was sitting down in a restaurant all night, drank 4 or 5 pints and this morning my legs are really sore.

Is this something that happens to other people? If so does anybody know why? And other than becoming T total, is there is anyway of stopping it from happening?

I would like to add, I'm relatively young at 27 and my blood sugar levels are well controlled with a pump, and I have no signs of neuropathy etc...

I would really appreciate some advice on this, as I expect the doctors would fob me off with the typical, its normal you're diabetic.

2. JTL

JTL Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry mate not a clue.
    Might have nothing to do with diabetes at all.

• Like Like x 2
  3. toner29

toner29 · Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trixy83

Trixy83 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I often find this but I always put it down to too much alchohol and dancing about like a loony! Nice to know there's an actual reason for it haha

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook