Type 2 Aching thighs and knees...

Sanste

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
....anybody else experience this? I am Metformin 1x500g twice per day and have increased my exercise but this is starting to be so uncomfortable!!!!

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have a meter? I can't help with the drugs never used them

Sanste

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Using a meter and tending to a average 6.6 after meals and approx 5.8 over the past 3 months

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
HI Sanste I am on metformin 500mg 2 daily and I have done a lot more walking and I get aching thighs too but no knee problems strange !!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Are you taking any other drugs?
Do you eat or drink anything with aspartame in?

Sanste

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
A bit of research on t'interweb says the LCHF diet may contribute to it and raise the amount of carbs I eat...I thought there may have been similar posts if that was the case!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Are you taking any other drugs?
Do you eat or drink anything with aspartame in?

Only asked as statins and some drugs are known for aches and pains.. Same as aspartame which is in chewing gum and some tablets etc...

At least that can be ruled out-lol!!

Miriamenily

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I got this a couple of years ago but I'm type one independent. I was in agony with my legs for around 7 months and was in so much pain I couldn't eat going down to 6 1/2 stone. Took me an a year to put the weight back on after the pain just up and left one day no explanation and no source!

Reactions: 2 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would try increasing your salt intake. Lower carbs also lowers insulin and low insulin causes you to shed fluids which can upset electrolyte balancing. If extra salt doesn't help, you might try an electrolyte drink (though they often contain gluose as well) or adding magnesium. If magnesium doesn't help with the sore muscles, then try potassium. Another supplement that can help with muscles is Co-Q10.

Most of the LCHF experts recommend people drink bone broth or bouillion while they're adapting to a low carb or ketogenic diet.

Reactions: 2 people