Admin: problems with the app

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
Is anyone else having problems with the app? It keeps double posting my work. And that spam post about kitchens keeps coming up in my new topics section, no matter how often I mark it as read.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the same problem with the kitchen post!

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I'm not sure about the issue with the double posts, but I'll get in contact with our developers and see if this is a known issue. With regards to the kitchen post, for some reason it had glitched out on us and we were unable to delete it using the standard method. Should be gone now though!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the same problem regularly. There is always 1 post that won't go away, usually lasts about a week!

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
hale710 said:
I have the same problem regularly. There is always 1 post that won't go away, usually lasts about a week!
If you could let me know via PM which threads you're having problems with as they arise that would be great. I'll see if I can replicate the issue on my end and work out a solution.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I think double posts happen when the forum is slow to show the submitted post. Members then press submit again, sometimes more times, thinking their post wasn't submitted. When the forum speeds up this shouldn't happen any more. This is on the full version of the forum and I imagine it's the same on the app too.

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
daisy1 said:
I think double posts happen when the forum is slow to show the submitted post. Members then press submit again, sometimes more times, thinking their post wasn't submitted. When the forum speeds up this shouldn't happen any more. This is on the full version of the forum and I imagine it's the same on the app too.

That's true, except sometimes it doesn't post my post. I wrote a long post helping someone and it didn't post.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Giverny said:
hale710 said:
If you could let me know via PM which threads you're having problems with as they arise that would be great. I'll see if I can replicate the issue on my end and work out a solution.

No problem, ill do that as they come up :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
amberzak said:
daisy1 said:

That's true, except sometimes it doesn't post my post. I wrote a long post helping someone and it didn't post.

On the app it acts as if its loading the post, but then just stays on the "reply" page. So then we end up pressing submit again!

A few times I've tried not pressing submit for a 2nd time and then the post doesn't send at all. So it's lose lose!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
A double click when no response to the first click usually ends up sending out duplicate .
Done this one myself .

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Working on fixing some stuff now, it's looking a bit faster on my end.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Just checking in again... have you guys noticed a difference at all? We've made a few optimizations on our end and hopefully it should now be faster.

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big difference. Thanks. So far it's working fine fr me on the ipad app