1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Advice needed for Smartwatch to connect Xdrip and miaomiao

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by static192, Sep 24, 2020.

1. static192

static192 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi i have a miaomiao device and would like to buy smartwatch to use xdrip and my miaomioa device could anyone reccomend me one thats good and compatible for android phone thanks

2. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

I am using a Watlaa one. Basic smart watch for MM & XDrip. With Android.
    It vibrate alarms too..

3. static192

Nice can I ask how much it costs around and are there any other smart watches that you know will work with miaomiao and xdrip. Thanks

4. Jaylee

Staff Member

Feel free to compare the Watlaa to the Ticwatch. (Another compatable device.)
    If you just wish a timepiece that give you your BGs too? The watlaa is a reasonably sturdy competitive price.

5. Jaylee

Staff Member

I've dug up the links to both devices.

I don't normally do watches however. If I thought there was one little snag with the Watlaa? A physical button on the side to activate the home screen befor the touch scrolling?
    Other than that, it's a nice sleek clear to read, easy to navigate watch for the price.
    Edited to add; mine came with 2 magnetic charge cables & a spare sports style strap too.

https://watlaa.com/w1/

& the other one.

https://mintcare.eu/product/ticwatch-pro/

There may actually be more. Don't let my bias on the price sway you..

#5 Jaylee, Sep 25, 2020 at 6:30 PM
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  6. TypeZero.

TypeZero. · Well-Known Member

The Fitbit Versa 2 is compatible at around £200 but I think the Versa 3 is the same price so could get that also?

There is a watch face called Glance where you enter your XDrip details and it should automatically relay information from MM to phone then to watch.

Haven’t tried doing it myself though, I have the watch but couldn’t deal with Libre inaccuracies and at that price point if I have to calibrate a few times a day then what’s the point? Waste of £100/month

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jaylee

Staff Member

Hi,

Calibration wise, I check in the morning & good to go.. I will test later in the day. With the MM it sends data at 5minute intervals. In the case of an arrow slope, I count 3or 4 dots back on the xDrip graph (representing 15/20 minutes ago.) due to the time lag on the meter. If the representation is within 0.6/8ish to the meter? I'm happy with that.
    Some folk scan then wait 20?
    Though, I do agree with others the Libre is slow to respond coming up off a low. Which is where keeping a meter handy as a driver is advisable.

I'll tag in @porl69 who had a Ticwatch I believe & now a Watlaa. @Fairygodmother too. (Watlaa.)

• Like Like x 2
  8. static192

Hi thanks guys for all the info I looked at the watches they seem good. I found a 2x watches online not sure if they are any good a ticwatch s2 smartwatch which is used for sale for £70 and i found and fossil Sport smartwatch used for sale £60. Not sure if any of these are good

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook