Advice needed (love related)

Kiyobetis

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So, the guy I have been friends with for 9 years and been in love with for almost that long told me today that he is gay. He dated several girls in the past so I would have never thought that. He even showed my a picture of his Brazilia exboyfriend who "broke his heart" after dating for 2 weeks. And then he told me Germany's Next Topmodel starts tomorrow, I've been crying my heart out since we parted, but I can't talk about it with anyone since my friends neither knew of my feelings nor of the fact he is gay. What should I do?

Reactions: 2 people
S

Shar67

This guy must have trusted you as a very dear friend to come out to you.
It is difficult to have your feelings for someone crushed, it will take time to meant your heart.
The guy doesn't know how you felt other than you being a friend, the only thing you have lost is the chance to be his girlfriend, you can still be his friend, get yourself out with your friends let your hair down and have a laugh. This hurt will go, keep him as a friend and move on

Reactions: 4 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Such excellent advice. I know it is hard presently @Kiyobetis but you will find some one else now that your efforts are not all directed in one direction. Good luck in the future and do keep your gay friend as your friend. Who knows he may turn out to be your best friend as life continues.

Reactions: 4 people