Advice needed on insulin and meds.

squirrel

Hi, got the dieabetic clinic tommorow, i always seem to be high and always double figures in the morning, used to have ok control but seems insulin is not working so good, used to be on a certain type (cant remember the name) and it stoped working so good so got moved to lantus which worked well but for the last 10month i have been upping the dose and im taking 88 units a night(not sure if this is alot or if i should still be using more), is there any different drugs/insulin i should be asking for? All i take at the moment is lantus and novorapid.

sparkster

squirrel said:
Hi, got the dieabetic clinic tommorow, i always seem to be high and always double figures in the morning, used to have ok control but seems insulin is not working so good, used to be on a certain type (cant remember the name) and it stoped working so good so got moved to lantus which worked well but for the last 10month i have been upping the dose and im taking 88 units a night(not sure if this is alot or if i should still be using more), is there any different drugs/insulin i should be asking for? All i take at the moment is lantus and novorapid.
hi squirrel, i'm on lantus and novorapid aswell, have been on them for 4yrs and seem to work fine, though have upped lantus from 8 to 24 in that time, been 24 for the last year though! what doses of novorapid are you taking?