Advice re overtime at work

perrywinkle

Hello Can anyone advise me please - I work two days per week and gave up a full time job because I was finding it too stressful and tiring. I was daignosed type2 last September diet control only and feel I am really struggling. I have lost weight but still feel unwell. I am also worried about developing anger problems, I am on a very short fuse and arguementative.
My employers have insisted I must do holiday cover as per my contract - to cover other staff when they have their holidays in the summer, which I feel is going to be too tiring for me . This will be four full weeks.
Can I refuse to do this on medical grounds if I feel it will be to my detriment healthwise. I am sitting down all day and already have problems with my feet due to poor circulation and have both big toes going purple/black in colour. At least on the days I dont work I can move around and do some exercise. Any advice please?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
If you are struggling on diet only then perhaps it is time to reassess your diet. Do you test your blood sugar levels regularly during the day ? If so, what are your Bg levels during the day.

We did give you the basic advice some while ago about diet etc.

It may be that it could be benificial to you to go onto medication to help you. Discuss this with your GP as it sounds like it is getting to much for you.

As for the contract, I would contact CAB and discuss it with them.