Advice re these books

MikeV

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
I just wanted to ask if anyone has read/followed the diets in any of these books ....
"8-Week Blood Sugar Diet" by Dr. Michael Mosley
"Reverse Your Diabetes Diet" by Dr. David Cavan
.... and if so, what results did you get?
Thanks in advance.

MikeV

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Lucie, some of us newcomers/old fogies are not fully familiar with the site yet. Thanks for your patience.

FloraDora

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love some of the recipes in "8-Week Blood Sugar Diet" by Dr. Michael Mosley - many have become weekly regulars for us. The Turkey Burgers are yummy, we make a batch and freeze them .........lots and lots of fairly simple and tasty recipes. I have reversed my diabetes, my husband and I have both lost lots of weight and are feeling much healthier. Now the hard work begins - keeping the weight off and staying healthy!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I Don, t read any books like that and get all the help that I need from the members here

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you may find that many of these Books are very similar, and often give the same advice albeit packaged slightly differently.

Very Low Calorie diets have been shown to aid Diabetes control as have very low carbohydrate diets, and intermittent fasting.

You will find threads on the forum about most of the self-help books available which may help you decide which one, if any you read.