Advice to the unsuspecting

Barrie Smith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
NHS and Prof Tony Weetman .
Hi my name is Barrie 74yrs will have had type 1 52 yrs July , as the Administrater says there are many types of Diabetes , and take warning , if you do not belong to the mainstream you are on your own and will have to take the NHS head on and fight your cause . Newly diagnosed patients who are afflicted with Hypo`s and Coma`s need to go straight onto Animal Insulin to prevent serious auto Immune Damage , I had 4 glands destroyed .
I had 20yrs trouble free Diabetes , then started "Human Insulin" in 1980 and started 32 yr life sentence , after a warning on Radio4 by IDDT in 1987 was able to go back to animal but the auto immune was well underway , the Coma`s more and more often ,the Chronic Fatigue and constant pain (only in 2009 after an encounter with Ciprofloxacin , was in fact Hashimoto`s Hypothyroid one of the glands damaged ).
Between 1980 and 2006 when I paid for a 2nd opinion , suffered 229 Insulin Coma`s , Drs and A&E Registars said they could not help they were not miracle workers , my Dentist refered me to Maxilio Facial for an inflamed mouth and tongue to find I had Pernicious Aneamia , the cause of Coma`s was destruction of Digestive section of my Pancreas.
If you do your research on the net you will find NHS is involved in Cartels with the patent holders of synthetic medicines and generic licence holders ,While the Royal Colleges and GMC are policing them ,ref . Drs Skinner and Myhill both eventually won their cases but are still the subject of medical Inquisition . I was doing research about thyroid problem and happened on an adviser to a generic levothyroxine company who was on Licencing board for G/M insulin, yes he knew 25% of subjects in clinical trials suffered adverse reactions ,but they gave it a licence .
If you are setting out on your Diabetic Career your best option is a Low Insulin /Low Carbohydrate regime , the less Insulin you take the less likely you are to get long term damage ( all replacement Insulins are regarded as foriegn to immune system ) , also the more insulin taken the more weight increases . Weigh your carbohydrates avoid sugar and foods high in sugar ,the rest will take care of its self so long as you eat healthily .
Please be wary of information coming from sources too close to commecial sponsors they`re only interested in selling more Insulin. not your well being . I remember a Diabetic Clinic sign "want to eat what want , ask here " header by an Insulin Manufacturer .
Kindest Regards Barrie .

MaryJ

Hi Barrie

welcome to the forum.

Sorry you've had such a rubbish time.

I agree low carb is the only way which makes sense to me,

Mary x

Cowboyjim

Welcome Barrie and thanks for taking the time to put all that down - forewarned is forearmed as they say I think... certainly an eye opener for me. And a harsh reminder as if we needed one to stay sharp and keep things under control as best we can.
It is terrifying how we are under siege from corporations. It makes me think that they are in collusion. The food offerers set us on course to get DM and the pharm companies are waiting to supply us with their "snake oils". And when you try to explain this to non-DM people they think you are mad.
All the best Barrie! 8)