After years of disputes...NIH latest study confirms...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
...the animal-based, low-carb diet resulted in lower and more steady insulin and glucose levels,” Hall said.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/new...t-plant-based-diet-low-carb-animal-based-diet

Glad this is finally settled...;)
2 weeks though? And in "non diabetics" . pointless waste of time and money.

My main take from looking at some of the meal pictures was that people eat with their eyes.
The low carb meals looked so much nicer than the plant based that it was no surprise that people ate more of them!

Last edited:
Reactions: kokhongw

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 weeks though? And in "non diabetics" . pointless waste of time and money.

My main take from looking at some of the meal pictures was that people eat with their eyes.
The low carb meals looked so much nicer than the plant based that it was no surprise that people ate more of them!

But we have seen how we can stretched the 2 weeks stable glucose to 2 months... then 2 years...

Here's Marty Kendall's take on the study... I particularly like this graph...
https://optimisingnutrition.com/did...w-fat-plant-based-diet-study-from-kevin-hall/

upload_2021-1-26_11-39-39.png

VioletFoxtrot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is comparing apples and oranges! Low carb animal-based vs. low fat and high carb/high GI plant-based. It doesn't take a genius to work out which would result in BG swings. Even so, the weight loss was more pronounced in the PB group, so longer term results might well have evened the score. I think it's all pretty pointless.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is comparing apples and oranges! Low carb animal-based vs. low fat and high carb/high GI plant-based. It doesn't take a genius to work out which would result in BG swings. Even so, the weight loss was more pronounced in the PB group, so longer term results might well have evened the score. I think it's all pretty pointless.

Yes, it is pointless to those who chose to dismiss it.

But for the tens of millions that continue to struggle for years to maintain stable glucose, it could just mean they are days or weeks away from drug-free, stable glucose.