Afternoon Tiredness

Robbieowen55

Hi All,

I am a 30 year old Type 1 Diabetic diagnosed in July of this year.

My Usual Blood Glucose readings are between 4-8 though I have been carb counting since day1 my weight is good and I am an active person with a busy Job.

I take Novorapid and Lantus and for the first few months I was feeling great as I think I had been suffering with Diabetes for a few year,s however I am now suffering from afternoon tiredness and headaches quite alot I am quite moody and have read somewhere that Lantus could cause this?

I am also experiencing pins and needles in the tops of my feet this doesnt bother me as much as the tiredness is as on my days off I am sleeping like a log in the afternoon and feel totally wrecked.

Is it the lantus or is it my body starting to adjust to me getting my bloods under control!???

Please any advice would be great and I could look into changing my Lantus for somthing else!?

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could be either.

I had some pins and needles and pain on the top of my feet so I just changed shoes and loosened my laces a little which seemed to help there.
I too had the afternoon tiredness (still do sometimes) though I found I had a lot more energy after moving to Levemir as we found that my evening levels were rising and I was covering with large amounts at lunch so I would have a dip then it would climb.

Maybe it is worth doing some extra mid afternoon tests to see what is happening there. Maybe you are going very high or dropping slightly.

Best of luck

/A

Tracey69

Hi
Hope you are well. I read your story, i am on the same insulin regime as you plus i take 2x500mg of metformin twive daily. I was wondering have you had a vitamin B12 check as apparently it was only recently that i found out this myself, also i wondered if you have had thyroid check. Pins and needles can be due to low B12 levels. Please make sure you seek medical advice.
Remember we are not doctors, this just my own experience.
Take care
Tracey