Age related Macular Degeneration

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone here been diagnosed with dry macular degeneration. I was found to have early signs of it when I had my first cataract operation The consultant said it was important to have a good varied diet with fruit and vegetables especially with a lot of red orange and dark green vegetables. Well I have always been a real vegetable eater and I love strong dark greens like kale and spinach so no problem for me with that I was googling macular degeneration diets and came across an article that said cutting out all foods like pasta rice bread and everything made with white flour and all sugar consumption like sweeten drinks etc was said to be helpful as well so almost the same advice as for diabetics here and I am doing that anyway.. Had my first eye test this week since the cataracts removal and was told my sight was much better so he said they had done a good job but I will need to wear glasses all the time due to the macular degeneration.. I have only worn glasses before for close work and watching TV...also he recommended a multi vitamin supplement made especially for macular problems so I will do that as well.
Wondered what anyone elses experience of macular degeneration might be