1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

airport

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by lanzlady, Mar 10, 2010.

1. lanzlady

lanzlady · Well-Known Member

Hi all,

is it safe to put my glucose meter through the airport scanner ?

thanks in advance
    Lanzlady

2. Synonym

Synonym · Well-Known Member

If my laptop can go through without any problems I would be surprised if there was a problem with a glucose meter. :?

3. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

Both mine and T1's have been through several times.
    Hana

4. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Should be Ok, just remember to keep meter and other diabetes related items in your hand luggage, and remember to get a doctors letter to explain that you have diabetes and need to carry meds etc.

Nigel

5. Pinnig

Pinnig · Active Member

Hi,

I travel by plane regularly with work - twice this week. My BG meter is always in my hand luggage and I have never been asked about it. I suspect airport security must see them dozens of times a day and recognise them in the scanner. It shouldn't be a problem.

6. SophiaW

SophiaW Type 1 · Well-Known Member

We've had no trouble taking a BG meter through the scanner. If you're travelling with insulin have a doctor's letter with you to confirm that you are diabetic and insulin dependent. Always carry the insulin, test meter, your own snacks etc with you in your hand luggage incase of delays or lost luggage. Make sure you have a spare of everything if you're going away on holiday, batteries for the test meter, insulin, test meter, test strips, novopen etc. When we've travelled my husband has one set of the diabetic "stuff" and I carry the other set, that way if one of us loses our hand luggage we have the other set as backup.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook