alcohol

John J

Someone else will confirm this but I'm sure you can. Alcohol isn't generally perceived to be that much of a problem as long as you remain within the daily/weekly recommended allowance (3 a day) and 21(per week)..blah, blah, but the doctors say that to everyone! :lol:

Of course, you have to also watch your total calories too. Whisky is much better than beer I've found. :wink:

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
In Australia our recommended limits differ for men and women. Currently men can have 2 standard drinks a day while women can have one. They recommend two or three alcohol free days a week.
Two years ago, when I last went to a government dietician's group for newly diagnosed, they told me that this was all about to be revised, down.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a look at this thread posted by Cugila all the info on metformin

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12124

It says in my leaflet in the met that you shouldn't drink but my DN & GP said its ok to have a little drink now and then as I have no liver or kidney problems. I have a couple of glasses of red wine about twice a month - so far have had no adverse effects - well except for happy ones! 8) - but its up to you - get the info that you can and make your own mind up what you think is ok for you - I would check with your GP to be on safe side as you haven't said if you are on any other meds or if you have any other health issues