Alergic reaction to medication (Slocinx XL, Doxazosin, Amlodopoine, Dexcom, Skintac or flexifix)

paulliljeros

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi,
Has anyone experienced severe swelling to the lower legs and feet, along with itchy rash and blisters? I think it is an allergic reaction to something, but not exactly sure.
Approx 3 1/2 mths ago I was taken off Ramopril and put onto amlodipine. Over a period of 2 mths I had gradual swelling to my feet that I didn't notice at first. When I mentioned this to my Dr I was taken off amlodipine and put on Slocinx XL (Doxazosine) and at this point in the space of 24 hours everything below my knees ballooned and started itching.
My GP suggested I wait a few days, as this was most likely the amlodipine working its way out of my system, but after a week, blisters started to appear, so I stopped the Slocinx. I am now on diuretics to reduce the swelling (which has subsided a little), but 2 weeks later the itching is as bad as ever, and I have patches of hives/urticarial across my body appearing randomly.
The only other significant change that ties in with these timescales is I have started using a Dexcom G4, and am utilising Skin Tac and Opsite flexifix.
I wondered if anyone else has experienced anything similar, or can offer any advice on cause or resolution please?
Thanks in advance, Paul