Allergys

keri

Hi I'm 13 and have had diabetes since I was six, at the same time I was also diagnosed with coeliac disease. I just wanted to see if any one else had this and if they had any tips on what is best for this? Xx

Hello, I've had T1 since 13 and Coeliacs since 24. I do have difficulty finding Gluten free (GF) foods that are low in GI. If you can tolerate oats this will make life a lot easier. Unfortunately I can't! My Breakfast is 2 slices of Gutafin Seeded loaf with Nutella - the fat in the chic spread lowers the GI. Anything else (jam or a GF cereal) pushes my BG sky high!

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

keri

Thank you I have found that too about gluten free food it has a lot more sugar in making it hard to balance with diabetes! I often have a sandwich or toast for breakfast with some low sugar jam!

victoria__1986

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I've got type 1 and been coeliac since I was 12. A lot of the products you can buy are usually packed full of sugar, so they're best had before I exercise.

I have a banana for breakfast which keeps me going until lunch, and GF sandwiches for lunch and usually something home made in the evening.
I would sooner not have coeliac than diabetes. Coeliac food has got much better but it's still a nightmare.

I find myself getting so bored of the same old food. More restaurants are better at offering GF food.

Good luck

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App