Almond milk

Charisma_1630

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just bought some unsweetened almond milk. It says 0.1g carb per 100g. Just wanted to check before I try it. Should really affect my sugars should it?

Reactions: 2 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
It'll be fine at that level of total carbs-don't worry :)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I use it on my all bran in the morning - lush. I also use it with green and black cocoa powder and I do up a really gorgeous hot chocolate sprinkled with cinnamon. Really good stuff.

richard256

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being on call
I use it on my all bran in the morning - lush. I also use it with green and black cocoa powder and I do up a really gorgeous hot chocolate sprinkled with cinnamon. Really good stuff.
HI,SOUNDS GOOD IM OFF TO SAINSBOS FOR THE INGREDIENTS IN THE MORNING.RICHARD

Reactions: 4 people

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Don't worry about it Kat100 :)

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the same stuff in my porridge, never bother counting it.

The "original" by contrast is icky sweet and has about 5g per 100ml if I remember

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Kat100, I'm a T2 and I drink/use it as well! Since it's something many of might use, I don't see why your comment shouldn't be relevant. :cat::cat:

Robbity

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
:) I use it every day( the unsweetened one) and it has no effect on my BGs...try it and test 2hrs later.

Charisma_1630

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I tasted it and actually found it gross!! But someone else has suggested I try it on my porridge in the morning, atleast that way I can use it up!

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Well I tasted it and actually found it gross!! But someone else has suggested I try it on my porridge in the morning, atleast that way I can use it up!
:) The first time I tasted it I too thought it was gross , however, it's grown on me and although it's no good as a milk substitute in tea or coffee it's great for everything else. Give it a go ;)

Reactions: 4 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
If you're not keen on the Almond milk but are looking for a lower carb alternative then I'd recommend Lactofree milk as that tastes just like regular milk IMO:)

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
If you're not keen on the Almond milk but are looking for a lower carb alternative then I'd recommend Lactofree milk as that tastes just like regular milk IMO:)
I've not tried that Paul. Is it ok in tea?

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I've not tried that Paul. Is it ok in tea?

I can't tell the difference in tea and coffee from regular milk:)(I buy the the Arla Lactofree whole milk) The only slight downside is it is dearer than regular milk.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got the Alpro sugar free mainly as I was desperate to have something in my (decaf) coffee and at first it really tasted far too rich and almost greasy :***: as I've been previously using skimmed milk for years. It's a better now as I'm getting more used to it, but it is useful for other things too where I don't notice the rich taste so much.

Robbity

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
I can't tell the difference in tea and coffee from regular milk:)(I buy the the Arla Lactofree whole milk) The only slight downside is it is dearer than regular milk.
Thanks, I don't use much, it's only for tea. I'm a cream with coffee woman, and am happy with Almond milk for everything else.

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
I got the Alpro sugar free mainly as I was desperate to have something in my (decaf) coffee and at first it really tasted far too rich and almost greasy :***: as I've been previously using skimmed milk for years. It's a better now as I'm getting more used to it, but it is useful for other things too where I don't notice the rich taste so much.

Robbity

Robbity, I was on skimmed milk and low fat for donkey's years... Fat lot of good it did me too, lol. I have cream in coffee (decaf).....bliss...so it's only tea which I don't use almond milk for, but I love tea so going to try Paul's suggestion of Lactofree milk.