Aloe Vera

KatharineShaw

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
hi! Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of using Aloe Vera as a way of losing weight?

Amethyst579

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sorry no. If it's a gel, could it fill the stomach and give a feeling of fullness which might help with weight loss? If the aloe vera is sold by Forever Living, this is a "multi-level marketing company based in Arizona" ie a pyramid selling company and so far I've had 2 very distant acquaintances email me with exhortations to join their new, exciting and expanding business opportunity, which I have declined. Some info here, http://foodandnonsense.com/behind-the-headlines-aloe-vera-for-weight-loss/ which also names the papers on which this claim about aloe vera is based - mostly studies on effect of aloe vera on rats. Sadly I still don't think the holy grail of quick fixes for weight loss has yet been found.

Reactions: 4 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I have used aloe vera juice before as a way to soothe and calm reflux or an upset tummy. It seems to help with that.

Reactions: 2 people