Alpha 1 - does anyone else have this as well asT2

Luv Bee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Looking to see if anyone else shares my other condition Alpha 1 a genetic disorder - I'm an SZ type and it effects my liver, I had heart disease and an heart operation for my 50th birthday present - then 3 years later (due to side effects of cholesterol medication I think) I was having discomfort in my liver region (stopped after I stopped taking the cholesterol tablets). I have been diagnosed with fatty liver and Alpha 1 - no treatment available for this - shortly after that diagnosis and tests it was discovered my sugar was very high at 125. I theorise that all my troubles stem from the Alpha 1 liver problem and that all the procedures and medication are aimed at the symptoms and not the root cause, I get told that often diabetics have heart issues - no one seems to know why or what the connection is?

M

mrspuddleduck

Im Alpha 1 too but waiting to find out which type. My liver is fine (except for a cyst) but have just been diagnosed with alpha related lung problems. My diabetes is due to unrelated pancreatic disease. As far as Im aware, alpha 1 only affects liver and lungs (well thats what my pancreatic consultant tells me) Sue x