Alpha Lipoic Acid

AMANSINGH

Hi,

I recently started taking ALA at 1200 mg per day as an antioxidant which claims to help in diabetic retinopathy and neuropathy. I have read a lot of things on the internet, but as usual it all seems to be very contradictory and much of it emanates from one unspecified source and just gets copied by many other sites. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to the behaviour of this antioxidant and whether orally taken if has any efficacy. Lots of talk about free radicals and how they behave in the attachment process.

Does anyone have any experience of taking ALA as a supplement and if so did it help and if so how? Or know of any real clinical studies that have anything useful to say?

Regards,

Aman Singh Ward

Huminsulin NPH 2 x 30, Huminsulin R 2 x 24, Nefrosave, Deplatt 75, Telma H 80, Telma 40, Cilnidipine 20. Shelcal, B12 Injections and Vitamin D Powders. Alpha lipoic Acid 3x400mg

czj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've no experience, but would suggest you try Google Scholar instead of standard Google. That way you will get direct access to the multitude of studies of the effect of alpha lipoic acid in diabetes mellitus.