Alton Towers Weekend

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Hi all,

Well I'm off for our joint Stag and Hen weekend in about 20 minutes. I'm so excited!! And it's my birthday to (well timed)!!

So the car is ready to go, I've got lucozade, fruit snacks and some back up biscuits, spare insulin and needles. Just having a good breakfast now to see me through the day.

The only thing now is whether the adrenaline and fear of some of the rides, will make my sugars go up or I spend the day on the cusp of hypo - the joys of diabetes! :D

Have a great weekend all, I'll report back on Monday x

Jessicasugar24

Dislikes
Needles!
Sounds really exciting!!

Let me know how you get on with the adrenaline! I find mine shoot up!

Have fun! Xx

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Birthday FAITH
Lets hope Faith has the best weekend ever,
Roy :)

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Hi everyone,

OMG had the most amazing weekend ever, managed to get on all the rides despite some pretty hefty queues. At one point they we're reaching 3 hours for the new ride and up to an hour for the rest.
Thankfully my bs levels stayed between 4 -5.9 for the whole time during the day and evening. I had one glitch we're I woke up this morning to a bs of 26.8 but I'm thinking I must have had a night hypo. I just ate biscuits whilst we were walking around in between rides and carried on with my normal basals and bolus ratios so I'm very surprised. There may be hope for me yet :D