Always hungry :(

ChelseaLee3011

Hey everyone,

I have to keep a watch on my weight so usually stick to a low carb diet and exercise every day, but no matter what I eat I am ALWAYS hungry. I know its common for diabetics to be hungry a lot but I feel so sad as I am always thinking about food! Is anyone else the same or does anyone have any tips they use? My insulin doesn’t seem to be working for me at the moment and even if I have the smallest of snacks (an apple ect) my bloods get really high. I’m getting so fed up L

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I were to eat an apple I would inject, that is about 15-20g carb! Usually that is 1-1.5 units for me

I'm constantly hungry also, but that is a boredom thing as I am stuck on a desk job so I have had to learn to be disciplined and now snack between meals

ChelseaLee3011

I have 5 injections a day and to have to inject for an apple seems too much I would be having like 10 a day lol! I used to be able to eat 20g of carbs without injecting as my background insulin would cover it but that doesn't seem to work anymore :(

Thanks for your response x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I inject every time I eat, that's usually 3 or 4 times a day and then another injection for my levemir in the evening.

I can't eat more that 10g without a jab, I try to keep that below 5g

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Hi, Unfortunately it's the insulin that makes you hungry. I had that feeling everyday and it didnt matter how much I ate I would be hungry an hour later!