am I having a hypo?

chrissieworne

Hi all
This may seem a silly question :oops: but in the last two weeks since I combined re-starting Glucophage SR 500mg per day (with eve meal) and cutting my carbs a lot I have seen a huge change in my bg nos.
For instance, I used to have an early morning reading in the 7's, now they are between 5.5 and 6.5. Two hrs after meals I am back in the mid 6's. However, this morning, two hrs after 2 weetabix and a banana for brekkie (not low carb i know but i relented!!) I had gone down to 5.5 which I was chuffed at but by 2.30pm, a further two hrs on I was feeling strange, light headed and hot, couldn't concentrate so knew I needed my lunch but when I tested I was shocked to be 4.1 !!! I have never been that low. Later on at 4pm I had a banana as a snack but by the time I got home again at 6pm and tested I was back at 5.0. Is this all okay? I am just not used to being that low.
I thought Glugophage didn't make a huge difference and certainly not on such a low dose.
I am also peeing alot but there is no glucose in my urine.
Advice please...........

Thanks
Chrissie

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Cutting the carbs down will make a big difference to your bg levels, combined with the Glucophage you are getting great results ! :D

The reason you feel like you are having a hypo is because your body is used to higher levels and thinks you are hypoing when you drop down. A hypo is under 4. Once you get used to lower numbers you will only feel hypo when you are around 4 or below or when you are dropping towards those numbers but everyone is different.

chrissieworne

Thanks Sue, will test more often and see how it goes. Am please with results, perhaps I should have a small snack between meals?
The weight is also coming off at last, 10 lbs in the last 6 weeks, woo hoo !

Chrissie :wink:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Congratulations on the weight loss. :D

Keep testing and, if you do go low, have a small snack.