Amazed at how easy fasting is for me... any tips for the last 2 hours? I become agitated!

charlie000

When I first started this, I adjusted fast with a liquid fast. I was having water and tea only.

I'm now doing 30 days of no food or liquid (sunrise to sunset). I am finding it easy but the last two hours, I become easily agitated.

can any one give me some advice please?

Reactions: Evie-D

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I first started this, I adjusted fast with a liquid fast. I was having water and tea only.

I'm now doing 30 days of no food or liquid (sunrise to sunset). I am finding it easy but the last two hours, I become easily agitated.

Ride it out or eat something?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
What do you seriously expect with such an aggressive change to your dietary intake?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

what do you mean by agitated?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you following this for religious reasons? (Hypothetical Q)

If not then maybe for now accept that a slightly shorter fast is better suited for you. Or accept you’ll be a bit hangry for the last few hours. Or amend it to a water fast.

charlie000

Are you following this for religious reasons? (Hypothetical Q)

If not then maybe for now accept that a slightly shorter fast is better suited for you. Or accept you’ll be a bit hangry for the last few hours. Or amend it to a water fast.

I’m following a religious fast style as a challenge with a friend

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ultimately it’s your choice if it’s a challenge not a religious decision.

Go with what feels right for you physically and mentally wise. But don’t jeopardise either of these for a “challenge “

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m following a religious fast style as a challenge with a friend
I am not expert but understand, from my Muslim friends, that their faith and religious observances sort of bolster them up through this in some way which is real to them. Perhaps that element is also an important part of this observance and more difficult without it?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am finding it easy but the last two hours, I become easily agitated.
Bit of a contradiction there.. ?
Am I right in thinking this is after about 16-17 hours? I'd suggest drinking some water at least and see if you feel better. Dry fasting is something best built up to and is something I may try one day but leaping into a 19 hour dry fast without some practise I'd say was a bit dangerous. Especially as you as yet don't really know what is wrong with you?
I realise that you are trying to support your friend but making yourself ill by doing it will make him feel awful...

Reactions: lovinglife and HSSS

charlie000

Bit of a contradiction there.. ?
Am I right in thinking this is after about 16-17 hours? I'd suggest drinking some water at least and see if you feel better. Dry fasting is something best built up to and is something I may try one day but leaping into a 19 hour dry fast without some practise I'd say was a bit dangerous. Especially as you as yet don't really know what is wrong with you?
I realise that you are trying to support your friend but making yourself ill by doing it will make him feel awful...

You’re right I will consume water

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't get angry or agitated at the end of an extended fast but I do start to salivate, and feel a bit over excited, if that makes sense, when I know food is imminent. Up until that point, I'm happy as a lark fasting.

I think it must be a normal reaction, manifesting slightly differently in each of us. Could you channel the agitation into a walk or something physical maybe?