Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Sadly, the sound quality is so poor that I cannot hear what is being said (I tried a search on Youtube with the hope of a choice of subtitles but no joy).

Would anyone be kind enough to give a brief synopsis, please?

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found turning volume up to max on both laptop and Youtube enabled me to hear. Basically lowering carbs is being accepted as the best diet for type 2 remission. She compared the figures on remission between "standard of care" (less than 5%) and those achieved by Virta (40-50%). Discussed the work of both Dr Mark Cucuzella in West Virginia and Dr Unwin in the UK. So, appears to be a big step forward in acceptance.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I found turning volume up to max on both laptop and Youtube enabled me to hear. Basically lowering carbs is being accepted as the best diet for type 2 remission. She compared the figures on remission between "standard of care" (less than 5%) and those achieved by Virta (40-50%). Discussed the work of both Dr Mark Cucuzella in West Virginia and Dr Unwin in the UK. So, appears to be a big step forward in acceptance.

That's great news, thank you. And a big shout out for David Unwin.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
That's great news, thank you. And a big shout out for David Unwin.

I had a better time listening to it with head phones plugged my laptop. Don't know if you have any, but it was a lot better then listening to the whispering :)

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I had a better time listening to it with head phones plugged my laptop. Don't know if you have any, but it was a lot better then listening to the whispering :)

Thanks but I am hearing impaired, making sounds louder doesn't always make them clearer and to wear headphones means I have to take out my hearing aids hence subtitles option is always a boon.

Reactions: Tophat1900