American Diabetes Magazine publishes Low-Carb article

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Slowly "low-carb" is starting to slip past the "MyPlate" guardians and get some representation in Diabetes publications.

This is a great article in Diabetes Self-Management, one of the more conservative diabetes magazines:
http://www.lowcarbdietitian.com/1/p...iction-an-option-for-diabetes-management.html

I've said before, we're at the "tipping point", it won't be long now before Low-Carb is the default advice for all newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetics (and hopefully some T1s too).

Reactions: 21 people

Unbeliever

I do hopeso. Not before time. The advice given to me to up my carb intake is very likely to blind me and fairly soon.
I have never understood why it wassuch a big deal.- especially for the majority of T2s who are overweight at diagnosis..
Did anyone REALLY believe that a reduction in starchy carbs was likely to k ill? Raisedbgs etc are far amore dangerous.
In a few years people will be asking why this simple and effective method of reducing blood glucose wasn't always used.
Especially as it wouldn't have cost the NHS anything!

Reactions: 8 people

ItalianKitten

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It won't be long now before Low-Carb is the default advice for all newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetics

I do look forward to that.
I've been diagnosed very recently, and yet I've already become weary of battling my carbs fundamentalists GP and diabetes nurse.

Reactions: 7 people

tonyS54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So much encouraging news low carb is definitely becoming more mainstream these days, lets hope that rather than dismissing low carb as unproven HCPs start viewing it as a viable option for type 2 diabetes.

Reactions: 10 people