amlodipine

chrisbel

I have just been prescribed amlodipine after trying unsuccessfully to lower my blood pressure by more natural means has anybody any experience with this medication? :(

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Amlodopine is just one of a number of drugs available for Hypertension. It does have a large number of possible side effects and various interactions which you should possibly have been advised about.

I also take Bp medications with no side effects whatsoever, they too have the same type of side effects and similar warnings.

If you are unsure about this drug then you should discuss it with your GP etc.

navrally

I take Amlodipine with a cocktail of other bp tablets (see signature) and have no side effects - perhaps I am just lucky
My first post on here since being diagnosed as T2 in Dec 2010 so no great exppereince but I have been on the bp tablets for some considerable time

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I used to take Amlodipine and Bendroflumethiazide and suffered no bad side effects that I was aware of, I then had the Amlodipine changed to Ramipril as Ramipril has the added advantage of helping to protect the kidneys, useful for diabetics IMHO

Clairslloyd

I am currently taking Ramipril and so far have had no side effects but can't help you with the other one sorry. Someone with more knowledge should come along and let you know :)

kellieb

i have been on amlodipine for about 6 weeks now this is in addition to the perindopril bp tablets i was already taking. the only side effects i have suffered since taking amlodipine is hot flushes usually about 2-3 hours after taking. i was initially concerned about the swelling ankles side effects but 'touch wood' i havent experienced this.

shirleymarye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Sport !
I used to take Amlodipine but I wasn't well when taking them,it affected my bladder and after looking them up I decided not to take them any more,I did see the doctor who changed it for something else.

jenrose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
very cold and very hot weather
I have been taking amlodipine for about four years now. I also take Valsartan. The main thing I have noticed that I am much more intolerant to hot weather, it really makes me feel ill. I think it may be the Valsartan as it does say on the leaflet to stay out of direct sunlight. The doctor said where a sun hat.

michlo

I have been taking Amlodipine for 3 months with linsopril my blood pressure is **** near normal again it was very high before i started, i just have to be aware of the extent of the exercise i do and take this into account with food etc otherwise i get light headed....

However i dont get the sweats as much as i used to the occasional migraine is a small thing to suffer for having normal Bp...