1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

An icy cold winter morning in an unheated wooden cottage.

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by briped, Dec 1, 2018.

1. briped

briped Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Warning. Maybe TMI for some.

Time to do my daily injection, but I'd heard that it can be unpleasant to inject cold fluid, and no doubt it would be cold, because I hadn't got the fire going yet, so what to do?
    Let's face it. At 57 my breasts are not exactly perky anymore, if they ever were, but they can be practical at times. I popped the pen underneath one of them to warm it up, and went about my chores, like getting the fire and my cup of tea going. Some time later I remembered I had to inject, but where was the pen? I couldn't find it and searched high and low. I think it took me 10-15 minutes till suddenly - eureka!!!:hilarious::banghead::banghead:
    I just remembered because I'm about to start a fresh pen, but this time I put it next to the PC fan where it should be easier to find, even for me :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Very practical @briped, for babies, pups and the like and I have been told that cold insulin when drawn up tends to form more bubbles. Do not you wish that the fire would automatically light itself in the morning ???
    Now as a male I would need to be as creative in your situation . um ... yes I know where - unmentionables it is !!!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook