Anabolic Steroids and diabetes

ne0h

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure (controlled by tablets). I'm going to take up regular exercise in the gym now and I am thinking of getting myself some injectable anabolic steroids so i wont have any problem packing on the muscle. What I want to know is will I been 100% bulletproof safe when I take the steroids? I have heard that it can cause high blood sugar,but if I'm taking meds for blood sugar, will I be ok? I bet after 1 year exercise I will feel like a new man.

Reactions: 2 people

Lazybones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Taking any form of Steroid if you are diabetic is never a good thing as it makes controlling diabetes B/G levels very much harder due to the inevitable rise in B/G levels.
Steroids do have their place in the medical profession and should only be taken under professional medical advice. In many instances a Doctor would advise (where steroids are indeed necessary for some medical condition and the patient is a confirmed diabetic - either type 1 or 2) to take them on alternative days, the dosage being adjusted to take this into account.
Please don't take them unless your are advised to do so by a doctor.

alaska

From what I gather, anabolic steroids can amplify the benefits of exercise but are hardly free from side effects. For someone that is just re-starting going to the gym I think taking anabolics are going to add more health complications than benefits.

My advice is to make use of your body's very own natural version of anabolic steroids -ie testosterone- which should naturally rise in response to regularly exercising at the gym.

Strength exercises are a great way to fight back against insulin resistance so keep up the gym for a year and I expect you'll indeed feel like a new man.

Ed

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Well I use Tostran 2% Testosterone gel on the NHS from a Consultant. Anabolic steroids are ok in people needing replacement therapy but I wouldn't advocate doing droids for body building. The amount I absorb in gel is 420mg per week and it is a lot. Steroid use also can wreck your muscles particularly in overuse. And if you've seen the size of the IM injection needle think again lol.