ANIMAS Contact detach recall

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just had a letter recorded delivery saying Animas have recalled certain batches of the contact detach infusion set due to the needle breaking off.

Very glad to see they are finally acting on some of their faulty products!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
o_O Scary - I use those sets. I haven't had any problems so far but I've only been using them a few weeks. I hope it gets sorted soon. I haven't rceived a letter yet, but it's raining so much here the postman is probably hiring a dinghy before coming out!

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Must admit I only skim read it as I currently use the Insets but I am disgusted that they wouldn't do a recall. Even if only a few are affected that's not acceptable to put someone, maybe a child, at risk. They should off a swap out if people want. Having a needle break off inside you would be horrendous!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
They are a business and would have been guided by the MHRA or FDA etc...

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Must admit I only skim read it as I currently use the Insets but I am disgusted that they wouldn't do a recall. Even if only a few are affected that's not acceptable to put someone, maybe a child, at risk. They should off a swap out if people want. Having a needle break off inside you would be horrendous!
At least Animas had the decency to say there was a problem, the manufactures of those sets also supply other pump companies, the sets are exactly the same just a different name used for them or an extra length for connection.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Still depends upon people reporting though... Even a few weeks ago someone was still telling me that 5 years ago with my troubles and reporting to Accuchek that it was still my basal rates that were wrong..... I knew when I could get perfection and when there were probs. I know now that it isn't the sets but my leanness and muscle that's the prob. Yet, despite the Accuchek sets being withdrawn - 5 years on I am still being told I was wrong.

iHs

For me....it was my basal need that was wrong and needed to be adjusted and not because there was a fault with Accuchek infusion set. I am still using the same sets that were meant to be returned and getting good absorbtion with no problem at all.
I like the Accuchek Flexlink and Flexlink Plus.....dead easy to insert even in backside

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
At least Animas had the decency to say there was a problem, the manufactures of those sets also supply other pump companies, the sets are exactly the same just a different name used for them or an extra length for connection.

Medtronic also sent out a recorded letter some while ago, about minimed sure T sets, i think it was boxes dated before april 2014 - they offered replacements if anyone had stocks left. when i phoned them they mentioned the same thing about needles and also breaking off of tubing, both rare.

Reactions: 2 people