Anniversaries!!

lynde89

I am approaching the 20 year anniversary (5th October) of being diagnosed with type1 & was wondering if anyone does anything to mark it?

Is it strange to celebrate? Or good to celebrate how long we have lived with diabetes? What would you do? & if so how would you 'celebrate'? Proud moment or reminder of what it was like?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jlynde02

I think that it is something celebrate. I understand its a struggle some times but it is something to be proud of. You have had the strength to keep at it day in and day out.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AmyLouS82

Hiya, I'm 30 and it's my 28th anniversary on Sunday. I celebrate every year because I'd rather be a diabetic then have a disease I have no control over! I also like to have any excuse for a celebration so I could be the wrong person to resond!!

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I love celebrations so why not to add one more to my calendar :) Its like wedding aniversary, lifelong relationship. What a shame you cant get divorced!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Never mark it as a rule, however when I passed the 30 year milestone it did getting me thinking back to when I was first diagnosed and the emotional impact it had :(