Angela_T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Hello.
I went to see my diabetic nurse today and was diagnosed with Gasroparisis as well where you can't digest food properly and it get's stuck in the lining of the stomach.
I have in the last 5mths been Diagnosed with Diabetic Neuropathy, Sensory Nerve problem, Carpel Nerve problems, Depression, High Thyroid problems and now Gasroparisis can't keep up with all the pain and Drugs given to me so many illnesses in one and so many to balance with the Type 1 Diabetes happy 2016.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so sorry you have this news.

There are others with gastroparesis who post. I will tag @donnellysdogs who may be able to point you to some people or threads that may be able to help.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
So sorry that you have all these health problems to deal with @Angela_T

You mentioned in another thread that you'd be offered a insulin pump recently but had some concerns over using one, as you've now been diagnosed with gastroparesis you might want to reconsider, bolusing on a pump (with the option of extending the dose) would probably work better you as it would help deal with slow absorption of your food and keep your bg stable.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello.
I went to see my diabetic nurse today and was diagnosed with Gasroparisis as well where you can't digest food properly and it get's stuck in the lining of the stomach.
I have in the last 5mths been Diagnosed with Diabetic Neuropathy, Sensory Nerve problem, Carpel Nerve problems, Depression, High Thyroid problems and now Gasroparisis can't keep up with all the pain and Drugs given to me so many illnesses in one and so many to balance with the Type 1 Diabetes happy 2016.
Sorry you are going through such a tough time, @Angela_T
I have had intermittent problems with digestion, and had slow gut motility following surgery.
@Indy51 recommended exercises which helped. I will try to find the link, but hope @Indy51 will rescue me here, because I am hopeless at technology.

Angela_T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Sorry you are going through such a tough time, @Angela_T
I have had intermittent problems with digestion, and had slow gut motility following surgery.
@Indy51 recommended exercises which helped. I will try to find the link, but hope @Indy51 will rescue me here, because I am hopeless at technology.
Thank you Pipp. Angela T