Any ideas? not well at all

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Hi folks
I have got up this morning and i feel exactly like my pre diagnosis as my mouth and throat
are worryingly dry im drinking pint after pint of water i'm trembling ,And feeling dizzie. My fast level was 6.0 and my 2hr level showing 10.6 after eating muesli (which i eat every day with no spikes) I feel exhausted and i'm fighting to keep awake :( :( JF

louiseb

maybe you are coming down withthe flu or a something.
have you tested for ketones as you you can have ketones persent even when your bg is low.
if you dont feel any better phone nhs direct
keep testing your bg levels

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
It could be nothing to do with your diabetes. You could be coming down with something - summer cold perhaps - I know that if I get one I also get very thirsty. Personally I'd keep on checking your blood glucose regularly and if you feel really bad go to either a walk in centre or your local A & E.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ailz

PS I've also felt like this when I had food poisoning.

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
how do i test keytones. ?

louiseb

you can test for ketones with ketostix you can buy from the chemist, but it might not even be your diabetes as i said maybe your getting flu or something if your worried i think you should phone nhs direct or go to hospital.
only a doctor can tell you for sure whats wrong.

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Thank all I will try the nhs

C

catherinecherub

Hi JF,

This may help,
http://www.trafford.nhs.uk/files/file/p ... abetes.pdf

I know that the suggestions regards food/drink if you cannot eat normally go against everything you have been taught but it will help if you cannot keep anything down or tolerate your normal foods.

It is probably an infection but keep an eye on your BS levels. If they continue to rise then it would be prudent to phone NHS direct or your out of hours Dr. Any illness will affect your BS levels.

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Just a little feedback :D
I only clicked on at about 4am this morning when i won first prize for breakdancing in bed. I must of being doing this since the night before this post .Got hold of my DN who as told me to drop the gliclazide and upped the metformin to 1500mg / day . She says you can't hypo on metformin ???? :roll: :roll: :roll: whats your opinions on that.