1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Exercise and Sport' started by Sarah69, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Sarah69

Sarah69 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am a type1 diabetic. I am in a vicious circle at the moment, I am suffering with a lot of pain in my buttocks,hip and down my left leg. I take quite high amounts of insulin so I just feel I am sitting at home putting weight on and there's nothing I can do about it. Can anyone suggest any kind of exercise that doesn't involve moving a lot?

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your pain Sarah . if you Google chair exercises , there are web sites just for people who have mobility problems, my husband is disabled but can do a lot of these ones, good luck

3. viviennem

viviennem Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, Kate - a useful tip for me too!

Sarah, I have a little book called "Rosie's Armchair Exercises" by Rosita Evans which is available (eg) from Amazon, which i find very useful.

Viv 8)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook