Any news on a new Animas pump

Winifred12345

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm currently on a Medtronic pump with CGMS. I can no longer afford the sensors and the dexcom sensors that are compatible with the Animas are a cheaper option. I'm not keen on the pump and the Medtronic is much better. Does anyone know when an upgraded model will be available?

Thanks
Jo

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I'm currently on a Medtronic pump with CGMS. I can no longer afford the sensors and the dexcom sensors that are compatible with the Animas are a cheaper option. I'm not keen on the pump and the Medtronic is much better. Does anyone know when an upgraded model will be available?

Thanks
Jo
As the Vibe is basically the same as the old 2020 and that was about 10 years out of date then vibe has been around for about 3 years then hazard a guess at 2020 for an improved/updated vibe.
I hated the vibe when I first had it as I kept comparing it to the Cozmo, there are quite a few improvements that could be made but came to the conclusion the pump was better than nothing the customer service is good as well. Now I've used it for the last 3 years I just accept it for what it is .. a delivery device for insulin.

Reactions: 2 people